Notices

i will never quit trying............

Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i will never quit trying............

Just because I don't want 2. The few years, and yes I've had some in days past, I was sober weren't really that great. But it sure as hell beats the old song and dance of just a
few.
And hurting myself or others. But I think it comes down to how you really want to live.
I'm really sic of this nightmare. And its just that. The never ending cycle of just that. So sick.
I need and deserve a better 2mrrw. God knows how hard I've tried. I do well 4 awhile, then just cave. I know, with all that I've gone thru with this demon. I truly know better.

From big book..........cunning, baffling. Its truly that. Can see it and know its true. for avrt
pple.........u r right on target there 2.

Just trying 2 find the best solution 4 me. I really need 2 nip this bitch in the bud, once and 4 all. God bless......... and thanks 2 all sr pple for their support .
Old 04-17-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Never give up giving up.....
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks much stevie88. Luv ur dog. M a big lover of dogs 2. I'm so upset, and lost. Thanks so much.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Raja12, sometimes it takes a little longer for it to stick, but when it does happen you will be a few steps ahead of the game because you know how to do this. When you are ready to stop drinking, you will stop drinking! Sobriety doesn’t come with promises of everlasting sunshine, but it does eliminate potential hurt and shame for regrets attributed to intoxicated behavior. You can do this Raja, just take the leap of faith and begin your journey.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you. It's not easy is it. From my perspective most of my relapses have taken place when I have been in a very low point emotionally. All my life I have been up and down in the head. When the negativity comes, it's like a tidal wave, and I just don't care what happens to me. I have been going down these last few days, and I woke up this morning very low. Anyone would think my entire family has been wiped out in an accident, I certainly feel that distraught. If you drink because of the negative thoughts in your head, you need to learn to deal with them, like I am trying to do. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Never stop trying raja! It took me 22 years to find the answers I needed. You will find yours if you keep searching and trying.

You can do this!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Please stick with it Raja. Root in for ya! I could pick up today but I won't. God Bless
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

It can happen. It didnt happen for me until i surrendered unconditionally. I was too tired to fight anymore and didnt believe my own bullsh$t anymore.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Raja I so much identify with your post and sure feel your pain and desperation. It took about 2 years of beating myself with drinking and AA meetings until I got that sick and tired feeling. It never would have happened if people didn't say "KEEP COMING". Finally things started to click in a positive way and here I am with a lot of 24 hours under my belt, being grateful that having a drink hasn't crossed my mind in over 30 years. It's been simple and hard at times LIVING sober as opposed to dry. BEST OF LUCK AND BE WELL