Notices

a new begining

Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a new begining

Today is my first day of try to get off pain meds. Im hooked on just about any pai med i can get my hands on. Really just hydrcodone, percocet, and roxycodones. It started as a perscriptuin for a sports injury but I continued use afer the pain was gone and eventually started abusing them. It started with 10 mg lortabs and was like that for 6 months everyday and eventually moved to 30 mg oxycodon which was about 150mg a day for the last 2 or 3 months. I am to the point now that I have to and want to quit but the withdrawals are hard ad its only been 16. Hrs. Im losig y life and everyone around me a I cant take that. Ive tried the past couple days and gave in to a smaller dose of about 50 mg, but i cant do it anymore. Im relyig on God for help but its still hard. I AM going to do it, I just want to know if theres an easier way to do it on your own. I can get professional help because it will cost me my career. Any advice? And how long will it last? And is it better that ive only been doing it for 8 or 9 months rather than a year.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think that you should got to you GP and speak of this with them. Physicians are not allowed to give any medical information about you. Its against the law. I understand that you do not want to lose your family, friends, career, life..... Getting professional help might be necessary.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The folks at your local NA meeting will be able to help. They have been where you are.

I met my doctor at an NA meeting.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm a wino, don't know about pills, but want to welcome you to the family! Take a look at our substance abuse forum for more insight from folks in your situation.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information