Notices

Drunk, depressed and eating chocolate easter eggs

Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk, depressed and eating chocolate easter eggs

Hi, I wasn't supposed to drink today. I promised myself. Up until Friday was sober from Monday-Thursday. Friday was supposed to be my one day relapse, well that went on to Saturday....and now Easter sunday. I went and got a haircut, a "new beginning" a new me. Well I didn;t like the cut, now here i am. I am pitiful i make excuses to continue this BS. I've drank 7 beers. I told myself when i cracked my first one that i would have max 2. I cannot moderate. I am an extremist. I am either all or nothing. meaning, I am either 100% sober or i am a nothing. Right now I'm a nothing. Somehow i have stopped myself at 7. Partly cuz they are not my beers and I do not want to have to buy my "roommate" a 12pack tomorrow, wich i should since i drank 7 outta 12. im 24 years old and i have a beer belly. cheers.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's ok. Try again tomorrow..
Old 03-31-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi eflo,

I did something similar to you, was great throughout the week and the drank on Saturday. Managed to not drink today (Sunday).
Like the person above me has wrote, try again tomorrow. Just don't give up. Keep posting on the board and eventually someone will write something which will give you the strength to kick yourself into gear. One thing I've been told is to make sure I plan my day so I have enough things to "occupy" my brain so that I'm not tempted by a trigger. Perhaps that's something to look into as a start for making tomorrow a sober day. There's also the April support group, I've clung onto the Class of March one by a very thin margin but it has been a great help in keeping me sober the last week and intend to utilise it further in helping me become permanently sober.

All the best friend.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome eflo

Yeah a lot of us found we had no control over our drinking - you're among friends here

There's a lot of support here - glad you've found us

D
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

h
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Heya, Ya know, one day you will get it together, you just need to make sure that is what you want to do. Try not to be too hard on yourself either, just take it one day at a time. Don't futurecast either, (unless you know the winning lotto numbers!)

You can choose to be sober at that wedding, there is no reason you don't have to be. It is all up to you.

Take care and be well!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi, thanks all. Is there a way to delete this thread i started. I would rather just start fresh tomorrow with a new post and have none of this lingering upon me. Thank you all for your replies none the less. I hope you understand.....thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi eflo,

You can start fresh tomorrow or join the April thread...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Elfo,

I am starting again too, I just joined the April thread.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome eflo!

Your initial post is just fine. In fact, I think we can all relate, which is why this is a great place to come and just tell it like it is..... We all know what it's like and you'll find lots of understanding and support around here....

Tomorrow is a great day to start again - glad you're here!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, come back tomorrow and start a new thread, if you like.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by full_collapse View Post
Hi, I wasn't supposed to drink today. I promised myself. Up until Friday was sober from Monday-Thursday. Friday was supposed to be my one day relapse, well that went on to Saturday....and now Easter sunday. I went and got a haircut, a "new beginning" a new me. Well I didn;t like the cut, now here i am. I am pitiful i make excuses to continue this BS. I've drank 7 beers. I told myself when i cracked my first one that i would have max 2. I cannot moderate. I am an extremist. I am either all or nothing. meaning, I am either 100% sober or i am a nothing. Right now I'm a nothing. Somehow i have stopped myself at 7. Partly cuz they are not my beers and I do not want to have to buy my "roommate" a 12pack tomorrow, wich i should since i drank 7 outta 12. im 24 years old and i have a beer belly. cheers.
Full Collapse- Thursday reference...? (Also a Thursday fan here.) What you described sounds like what I've done over and over. I would let myself have 1 day to drink a couple. With 100% resolve to drink a couple, I'd end the day with a bottle of vodka in my system. It never stopped there. Usually a few days or weeks would pass before I crawled out of that daily drunken mess. I'm also in my mid 20s....52 days today, never knew life could be this good.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
Full Collapse- Thursday reference...? (Also a Thursday fan here.) What you described sounds like what I've done over and over. I would let myself have 1 day to drink a couple. With 100% resolve to drink a couple, I'd end the day with a bottle of vodka in my system. It never stopped there. Usually a few days or weeks would pass before I crawled out of that daily drunken mess. I'm also in my mid 20s....52 days today, never knew life could be this good.
yea, one of my favorite bands. good to see another fan. im glad life is good for you keep it up. hoping to get there too!, thanks for the insight