Notices

Day 7......

Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7......

I tried quitting last year in January and it was the hardest thing i ever did. I thought i could just quit anytime. I drink about 20 ounces a day and have for so many years (10 to be more specific). I was a binge drinker before that, started when i was about 16 years old. My attempt to quit left me in the worst state, severe shakes, hallucinations, racing heart, anxieties, nervousness, changes in vision..... i feel like i had it all and it took months to recover from the symptoms even after i started drinking again to make it go away.

Me and my husband tried for so many years to get pregnant and i always thought once i got pregnant i could just quit. The last couple years i have emotionally given up because it was not happening. I did not think it was in our cards to have a child. I found out this month i was pregnant. I did not know what to do............. I felt alone but knew i had to quit drinking. So afraid of the symptoms i attempted to taper myself from the alcohol. I was doing great but was concerned about what damage may have already been done to the baby. Last Tuesday i was down to 2 ounces a day and i was doing great. I loved the baby already and had heard the heartbeat a week before. I was going to get through it all and everything was going to be great. I had an ultrasound that day and the nurse got the doctor in the room. There was a heartbeat so i did not think anything could be wrong. It was an eptopic pregnancy and they were worried it was going to burst so i was rushed to the hospital. I have now been sober since then, 7 days today. When it was for the baby it was the easiest thing in the world to do. Now i am in pain and sad and all i want to do is drink. I felt like i got pregnant so it would save my life. Now the baby is gone and drinking is so easy. I keep thinking everything happened for a reason i just need to stay healthy so we can try again. But it doesn't feel like its enough. I want to make it to day 8 and 9 and 10. Is there anyway this gets easy?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss. And its my understanding the first week is always the hardest and the second week gets better. Just stick to it and stay close. Also, check out some support groups to help you cope with your loss and your choice for an alcohol free life. AA is always a good start.

Take care.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dreamer33 View Post
I tried quitting last year in January and it was the hardest thing i ever did. I thought i could just quit anytime. I drink about 20 ounces a day and have for so many years (10 to be more specific). I was a binge drinker before that, started when i was about 16 years old. My attempt to quit left me in the worst state, severe shakes, hallucinations, racing heart, anxieties, nervousness, changes in vision..... i feel like i had it all and it took months to recover from the symptoms even after i started drinking again to make it go away.

Me and my husband tried for so many years to get pregnant and i always thought once i got pregnant i could just quit. The last couple years i have emotionally given up because it was not happening. I did not think it was in our cards to have a child. I found out this month i was pregnant. I did not know what to do............. I felt alone but knew i had to quit drinking. So afraid of the symptoms i attempted to taper myself from the alcohol. I was doing great but was concerned about what damage may have already been done to the baby. Last Tuesday i was down to 2 ounces a day and i was doing great. I loved the baby already and had heard the heartbeat a week before. I was going to get through it all and everything was going to be great. I had an ultrasound that day and the nurse got the doctor in the room. There was a heartbeat so i did not think anything could be wrong. It was an eptopic pregnancy and they were worried it was going to burst so i was rushed to the hospital. I have now been sober since then, 7 days today. When it was for the baby it was the easiest thing in the world to do. Now i am in pain and sad and all i want to do is drink. I felt like i got pregnant so it would save my life. Now the baby is gone and drinking is so easy. I keep thinking everything happened for a reason i just need to stay healthy so we can try again. But it doesn't feel like its enough. I want to make it to day 8 and 9 and 10. Is there anyway this gets easy?
Bless you. Prayers to you and your family.

I haven't found a way to make it easy but I found the only way for me to make it possible.

I quit trying to do it on my own and I took my broken life to AA and asked them to help me live again. To put me back together again like Humpty Dumpty.

They did.

All the best to you.

Bob R
Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dreamer33 View Post

My wife and I have a very difficult time having children. She's very prone to miscarriages. We had our daughter 3 years ago, and while trying to have a second baby we had a handful of miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy (which she didn't know she was pregnant, and had to have emergancy surgery)... we were a bit worried cause it was hard to have children already, and now we were down to 1 tube... A few months later, we were pregnant again and this one worked out, I now have a 5 month old son...

So hang in there, if you got pregnant once, It can happen again... just make sure you're staying sober (that helps alot) and do it a alot
Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
now's the time

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing to be dealing with while also trying to get sober. I hope that your next pregnancy will be successful.

In the meantime, stick it out. The first month is the hardest and you're already a quarter of the way through it! Don't give up the hard work you've already done. Take vitamins, eat healthily, start exercising, and get through it.

You're going to be mourning no matter what. Drinking will only draw it out longer because you'll be putting off your feelings. But you can't put them off forever... you will have to feel them. It's your choice whether you do it with a clear head, or with the added pain of being hungover and disappointed in yourself.

You can do it! One hour at a time, you can.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Prayers for you. Stay strong.

It only feels like you need a drink. You don't really need one.