Notices

AA Fear - I could use a little help.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Thought I would stop by and see how it went for ya..?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Do it!!!! You will have an instant connection with strangers! We have all been through the same thing. AA is a lifesaver for me! Just because I don't drink I still have an alcoholic mindset. I have been sober for 23 days and I have already recognized some pretty 'ugly' things about my character and I feel that AA will help me to work on those issues, allowing me to grow as a person in character and strength. Who wouldn't want to be sober and maybe even a little better at life in the process. Apparently my choices have not been so healthy so far or I would not be here!! I was recovering and living with an alcoholic. Duh!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I saw someone in I know in a meeting today and my first reaction was "I really hope she doesn't tell people she saw me here." We spoke for a while after the meeting and it's the most random thing. I haven't been to that meeting in years and just this morning decided to go for no particular reason. She had NEVER been to that meeting before. And she's moving out of state in two days. So in fact it was a blessing that we connected. I only know her a little bit socially but after talking, I have no fear that she will out me. But if she actually does and someone says anything, I'll say "Yes, I'm in AA. So what?"
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

[QUOTE= But if she actually does and someone says anything, I'll say "Yes, I'm in AA. So what?"[/QUOTE]

Thanks tig that's the spirit!