Notices

Loser alcoholic :)

Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I've been on SR a long time.

Newbies (I remember when Weasel was one) you help me every day. every story and struggle shared, every question asked, every piece of honesty helps me stick to my recovery and move forward.

When I am flagging, I read what newcomers share and I see that I have made progress, that I still have questions, that I have something to offer due to my own experiences. That is the wonder that is SR. We need each and every one of us to make this thing work. We are richer for every voice.

Thanks Weasel for posting this, a celebration of recovery at each and every stage. From the person still asking if they might have a problem, to the person with 30+ years that knows as deeply as any of us, that honesty and support are the answer.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great post. I don't spend as much time here anymore, but SR was so important during the early days of my sobriety. Such a wonderful resource. I'm trying to post more often to help others the way so many helped me four years ago.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

How did I miss this until today?

What can I say? You introduced me to the concept of separation from my addiction. That was SO huge for me. When I stumbled you were the first person I turned to for support.

Keep on doing what you're doing, my friend. The ripples you make are lasting and beautiful.