Notices

Try to stay sober this weekend with us 22/23/24th

Old 03-24-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

good morning everyone! *RING RING*

woke up, thought back to the last evening and realized that I didn't say anything totally embarrassing and stupid (well, not more than usual, ha)

what a great feeling.

Hope you're all having a good sunday!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

*ring ring*

Morning all ,
Have just made a 3 bean chilli , it's a humdinger of a hot doodey , it made my eyes water when i put the chilli into the pan !!! So i might pay for it later ..
Have lost nearly 2 st (28 lbs) since i started my healthy eating drive , it's so much easier to do now i'm sober .
My goal is a long way off but i just take it day by day , getting stressed over the seeming enormity of the goal don't help , day by day .

Juneprotty , Panache , Pearls , Non , flujays , you all rock , honour to share some of the journey with you , and all you other weekenders

good morning to ya , M
Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ring ring.... Good morning!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

That was another reason for me stopping the drink have attempted countless diets but two bottles of wine per night seemed they never really worked so focussing at one thing at a time !!!! Hubby is whipping up a moussaka and I am making carrot and coriander soup, we may get around to a proper French onion too can't beat them but we'll see !!! Xx
Old 03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Mechanix it's a pleasure sharing my weekend with you your chilli sounds lovely and congrats on the two stone wow wow xx
Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thanks for this, I`ve been sober for just over a week and basically lock myself in the house at times to stay sober-been food shopping this morning(as I don`t have cravings in the morning). Was going to go swimming but don`t trust myself to not stop for some wine on the way back so gonna do some work on the computer, clean and maybe do an excersise video later. My house is the cleanest it`s ever been!lol. Really nice to know I`m not the only person like this. I feel really ashamed I`m at this point!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post

Juneprotty , Panache , Pearls , Non , flujays , you all rock , honour to share some of the journey with you , and all you other weekenders

good morning to ya , M
You too Mecanix, you're a genius for creating the thread! *Ring Ring*

Just been shopping for my Sunday sober Sunday savers: Dandelion & Burdock, mussels in garlic sauce and with the money I would have spent on a bottle, I bought A DVD; "The ides of March" - it looks good, but I basically bought it because Ryan Gosling was in on the cover, why not? Better than wine

*Ring Ring* baby!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Well, it's pouring down rain here so no road cycling and dirt bike ride thru the bush as planned. The wifey is working on her to-do list so I suspect I'll be busy all day.

Mecanix - your chili sounds incredible. Congrats on your health plan, too. Chili and cayenne peppers are metabolic jump starters so enjoy the chili!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Sandgirl, get your butt to the pool. Drive right by the wine shoppe laughing all the way. You can do that, y'know. I've noticed that you aren't as weak as you think you are.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Sober Date: March 10, 2013

Morning Sorber Riders!!! xo

Panache, I Love making a delicious healthy pot of soup for the lunch week... Fav's are chicken and vegatables, lentil, white bean and kale or mushroom miso...

I'm doing the market today too and making my soup for the lunch week (usually enjoyed with a romaine salad either caesar style or with beets, blue cheese crumbles and balsamic vin)... I think I'm going to do a chicken soup with mirepoix, zucchinni, tomato and kale!

Ring Ring Pals!!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Chili sounds good. I might make a pot today. I like it con carne,though. I think I have some sausage thawed. Yum!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Fandy you are making me want to take up red meat again! It's also been a long time for me with a steak, but gee whiz that sounds fantastic.

Having my typical central american style breakfast this morning, black beans and rice with a fried egg on the side with some fruit and hot coffee. Should be a slow day unfortunately here, the snow is falling down again and weather temps dropping.

Ran into an annoyance this morning, my fancy Android G2X phone has had problems charging and now the battery won't charge at all and the phone's dead. It's the connectors. I have tried cleaning them etc but no luck this time. And since the phone's dead I can't call anyone today which sucks. Also thinking about whether I should get a new phone ($250+ at LEAST!) or try and take the phone into a t-mobile retailer and see what they can do. Either way it's going to be frustrating - those cell phone store employees aren't exactly helpful. Sigh. Trying to not let my perceptions and "negative thinking" get me down on this one. I just need to address the problem, take care of it, and move on. Of course I can't even call a new service provider to see if they can give me a deal because...my phone's dead! Aaaaargh!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phebe View Post
Morning Sorber Riders!!! xo

Panache, I Love making a delicious healthy pot of soup for the lunch week... Fav's are chicken and vegatables, lentil, white bean and kale or mushroom miso...

I'm doing the market today too and making my soup for the lunch week (usually enjoyed with a romaine salad either caesar style or with beets, blue cheese crumbles and balsamic vin)... I think I'm going to do a chicken soup with mirepoix, zucchinni, tomato and kale!

Ring Ring Pals!!
Have you noticed that since being sober, rather than settling for microwave meals and easy accessible cr*p, you actively want to cook and so much more excited by food? I am! I've never baked a cake in my life, so my next challenge is to bake one for after Easter dinner

*Ring Ring* Pal!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ok... Kens kitchen is open today. Doing a fantastic meatloaf. Meatloaf mix, panko, eggs, onion, shallots, garlic, worschester (spelling?)... Ketchup... And on top bacon strips. Red skinned mashed taters and steamed broccoli.

Ripe tomatoes with fresh basil and marinated mozzarella balls and roasted peppers for an app.

Going to watch movies and selfishly relax today.

Get out your decoder rings.... Those that know me and the recent past.... I am ready. It may still take some time but in my head I am ready. To stand alone. Stand tall. Stand sober.

K
Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Thanks for this, I`ve been sober for just over a week and basically lock myself in the house at times to stay sober-been food shopping this morning(as I don`t have cravings in the morning). Was going to go swimming but don`t trust myself to not stop for some wine on the way back so gonna do some work on the computer, clean and maybe do an excersise video later. My house is the cleanest it`s ever been!lol. Really nice to know I`m not the only person like this. I feel really ashamed I`m at this point!
Welcome Sandgirl!!! Congrats on accomplishing the WEEK!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by nonsensical
I wish my Al Pacino Scarface impression was better, I was doing it enough.
LMAO I was just watching good ole' Tony Montana yesterday. My son and I are always quoting him...especially "Manny, look at the pelicans" or "It looks like a lizard" It must be your sense of humor that has kept Mrs. Non by your side through all your shenanigans huh Non?

Having adult children is much funner than you think it's gonna be when they are teenagers.
and thank you for this...right now all three of my boys are 15 and it is seriously UNFUN at times. Sometimes I feel like I don't even know who they are. It's like the teenage pod people have come and snatch my sweet little boys and replaced them with hairy, surly young men (!)
Old 03-24-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

That's the best news Ken x

And your meatloaf sounds delicious. Wish I lived closer, I'd pop round! Xx
Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Ok... Kens kitchen is open today. Doing a fantastic meatloaf. Meatloaf mix, panko, eggs, onion, shallots, garlic, worschester (spelling?)... Ketchup... And on top bacon strips. Red skinned mashed taters and steamed broccoli.

Ripe tomatoes with fresh basil and marinated mozzarella balls and roasted peppers for an app.

Going to watch movies and selfishly relax today.

Get out your decoder rings.... Those that know me and the recent past.... I am ready. It may still take some time but in my head I am ready. To stand alone. Stand tall. Stand sober.

K
Ken's kitchen... Do you post the recipe's and a step by step guide? I'd be interested in this. Like post a recipe every week with ingredients, give us the opportunity to buy all the stuff during the week. Then all get our cook on of a weekend and then post a photo of the fruits of our labour. No matter how bad it looks I guarantee mine will be worse and it'll be fun
Old 03-24-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Weasel1966
OK well, now THAT is seriously stuck in my head....off to the farmer's market. Good thing I have a basket on my loaner bike LOL *ringring* *ringring*
Old 03-24-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Have you noticed that since being sober, rather than settling for microwave meals and easy accessible cr*p, you actively want to cook and so much more excited by food? I am! I've never baked a cake in my life, so my next challenge is to bake one for after Easter dinner

*Ring Ring* Pal!
YES!!! I have always been a healthy eater and liked to cook, but this go around with becoming sober, cooking is actually saving my Life!!! The fresh ingredients and the preparation of them have become my focus over the wine... every meal, every detail, every peel of the garlic, every chop of the knife... it's like a meditation and it feels so Good!!

Oh my Goodness I have to see that CAKE!!!!!!