Notices

Try to stay sober this weekend with us 22/23/24th

Old 03-22-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oooh awesome suggestions, I'm going to try this out!
I made pancakes for dinner now lol
Old 03-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm back here too, after my usual Friday night binge last week.

Is there some moral victory that I'm down to "only" binge-drinking two Fridays a month, instead of every Friday night? Who knows. I'm just glad I'll be sober this weekend, and not laid up in bed recovering as usual.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm comin' along for the ride.... **ring ring**!!!!
5 days down and just a lifetime to go - HAHAHAHAHA
I made it through Friday night without my car driving itself to the bottle shop and I can't believe it! Usually I'm on autopilot on fridays. Maybe that was just me subconsciously allowing myself to drink and not accepting responsibility for my own actions. Hmmmm, I feel like I've had my moment of clarity and I feel wonderful.
Tonight I have a wedding to go to. I don't even feel nervous about it. I simply just know that I won't drink because I feel so wonderful not drinking and waking up the way i did this morning. Tomorrow may be different, probably will, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I wish you all the soberest of weekends.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flujays View Post
I'm comin' along for the ride.... **ring ring**!!!!
5 days down and just a lifetime to go - HAHAHAHAHA
I made it through Friday night without my car driving itself to the bottle shop and I can't believe it! Usually I'm on autopilot on fridays. Maybe that was just me subconsciously allowing myself to drink and not accepting responsibility for my own actions. Hmmmm, I feel like I've had my moment of clarity and I feel wonderful.
Tonight I have a wedding to go to. I don't even feel nervous about it. I simply just know that I won't drink because I feel so wonderful not drinking and waking up the way i did this morning. Tomorrow may be different, probably will, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I wish you all the soberest of weekends.
Flujays welcome aboard

**Ring Ring**
^ I can so see myself getting that tattooed on me when I reach a years sobriety or something, but I won't be drunk when I have it done
Old 03-22-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Time for my bedtime
A nice thing about being sober is getting used to hearing my body . I feel sleepy i go to sleep , in the old days i used to pass out and disregard my body .
It is also nice waking in the morning feeling all snuggly instead of hungover .

Tomorow is another day if we are blessed with it , where we get to try and do things right .
*ring ring* with the sound of the bell i take a deep breath and enjoy my lifes breath ,

Night night all , i wish you peace , M
Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
Flujays welcome aboard

**Ring Ring**
^ I can so see myself getting that tattooed on me when I reach a years sobriety or something, but I won't be drunk when I have it done
HaHaaa - Mee too, I can't imagine what it would be like to get a tattoo while sober, I've only done it the other way.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

HaHaaa - Mee too, I can't imagine what it would be like to get a tattoo while sober, I've only done it the other way.
"Tough-girl drunk" persona out the window I'd probably faint and/or cry haha
Old 03-22-2013, 04:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Had a job interview today. Went well. Have a 2nd interview Tuesday, so can't complain and glad I made progress on that.

I am needing to get out and do stuff this weekend. Tomorrow morning I am making myself do one of two things: Go to an AA meeting or go for a jog. "Jog" sounds easy but i have not been for a proper run since I moved back to Chicago four months ago. Plus I've been smoking cigs a lot. Running around the park is going to KILL me.

Basically it all comes down to which one feels like the lesser of 2 evils come tomorrow morning.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I need this thread too... I have had sober weekends before but in the last almost 2 years they have been few and far between
Old 03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Panache View Post
"Tough-girl drunk" persona out the window I'd probably faint and/or cry haha
too true! I also bungee jumped in thailand many many moons ago. I'm over the risk taking behaviours now in my old age thank goodness! I cringe at the thought of the things I used to do in my teens and early twenties and some of them were done sober too!
Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Ummm..*HELLO*

Bacon IS a health food. If you don't believe me you can read about it on the internet.

After a long day of manual labor (like today) beer used to be an automatic. Since I don't drink alcohol any more I tried out this fancy tub that came with the house we bought 9 months ago. My wife said it was nice, but if you have beer, why bother?

Anyway, got in that thing this evening, and...it's pretty cool! Rotating jets on the back and whatnot. Very soothing.

Now for a little Downton Abbey with the love of my life! See you tomorrow, Sobercyclists!

**ring**ring**
Old 03-22-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Had a job interview today. Went well. Have a 2nd interview Tuesday, so can't complain and glad I made progress on that.

I am needing to get out and do stuff this weekend. Tomorrow morning I am making myself do one of two things: Go to an AA meeting or go for a jog. "Jog" sounds easy but i have not been for a proper run since I moved back to Chicago four months ago. Plus I've been smoking cigs a lot. Running around the park is going to KILL me.

Basically it all comes down to which one feels like the lesser of 2 evils come tomorrow morning.
I'd do the meeting, you don't want to tear a hammstring or have a heart attack. Easy does it, what about a walk to start off instead of a run?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The only thing ring ring brings to mind is that bicycle song. I must be old.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

I'd do the meeting, you don't want to tear a hammstring or have a heart attack. Easy does it, what about a walk to start off instead of a run?
A heart attack??!!! I just turned 38 years old, I'm not gonna have a freaking heart attack. I could pull a hammy though, but probably wouldn't tear anything. I was thinking walk to the park, jog around the lake there, then walk back. Good warm up, nice easy pace.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

I find it's just as painful either way. However what does make a real difference is if the tattoo artist is off his face - which is what happened on my last one.

He was meant to be doing a star and it ended up as a very passable likeness of that blue thing Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants. Took a bit of fixing, that one.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 42 here. Grateful to be sober and employed; grateful for payday.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Its been a great day. I had a morning jog and then went to work. I got home and made a cup of Tulsi Tea.....I am thinking I will go to sleep now. Im happy to be tired from positive things and not from Alcohol sickness. For this I am grateful. Keep up the good work Weekend Warriors. We are doing it!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

80-some odd hours in, still sober! Went to the store and got some trail mix and a bottle of water. Didn't even take a glance at that big, stupid, sh***y beer cooler in the back of the room. I hope that awful piece of machinery breaks down and dies in a vicious explosion.
:
Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Night owl

I once heard a chef say, "Bacon is the food that makes all other food worth eating.'' I'd have to agree!

Happy sober weekend everyone! I can't wait to see what's for dinner....
Old 03-23-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

i can have some bacon in 112 Lbs time ..

Happy sober saturday, sober weekenders i hope people got through friday, you get to try again today if you did'nt make it were all here with our bikes waiting for you , if you did stay on your bike all day then congratulations if you did yesterday you can do today if you build on what you learned .

I know our australian friends are nearly into sat night , in the early days it was a real relief somehow to know that it was tomorow somewhere on the planet and to see it sweeping across the planet towards me .

Those auzzies and kiwis are so great ... they live in the future y'know

dust you bike off , or running shoes Mizz, Lets tell our loved ones we love them, grab life by the throat and deal with it real and sober today WOOOOOoooo !

*ring ring*

I'm off for some yummy coffee , bestwishes, M