Notices

Hi

Old 03-09-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Hello. I am 25 & have been drinking a pint of vodka or more per day for almost a decade. I know this is affecting my health & well being & I'm ready to ******* stop. I drank today & that was to sleep but obviously no dice.. I'm so ******* tired & I'm really sad & I hate it. I tried to stop a couple weeks ago & I could feel it under my skin & deep in my ******* bones like I needed to stretch & I could never stretch hard enough to fall asleep so I wound up staying awake all night. I'm really tired. Can I please get some advice from someone. I do not believe in "god" so no AA **** please. I just want to be able to sleep for one, but also function & be happy like a "normal" human being:a108
Old 03-09-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey TrentKay and welcome. Have you had a super hot shower or bath? Try a hot cup of tea as well. Some people here do God, others don't. Come and join the March class thread.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You've taken a really huge step, or at least you may be ready to take one. You've discovered that you have to stop drinking. Good for you! You're a lot smarter than me, I didn't stop til I was 43!

I'm also an atheist. No AA for me. I've been using AVRT (just google it, I can't link it here) and so far I've gone over 5 months without a drop of booze. You can do it, you just need a plan and maybe some help. SR has helped me a lot.

Welcome to SR, TrentKay!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello, Tren Welcome to SR. You have landed at the right place. From your post, it seems that sleep is the major issue for you.. This is absolutely normal. After having similar amounts of alcohol for 8 years straight, my body just could not adjust and sleeping was the big issue.. First of all , you should visit a doctor and he will help you with a safe detox plan. He will give you medicines to feel calm as well as to get some sleep. It is just matter of time. Human body changes its complete contents within few weeks. That is the principle of survival of human race. Hence, trust the nature to work for you. It took me few weeks to be able to sleep, but now I sleep like a baby and I wake up completely refreshed.. BUT PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES of Withdrawal. After a decade of drinking, withdrawals can be really serious. Please visit the doctor and once you take medicines for few weeks, you will be fine.. No need to worry about AA or God at this stage. While your body is going through safe detox , you can look for additional support. This forum itself is a big support and I feel , SR has played same role for me as AA meetings or working steps. Keep posting and reading posts on SR. Best of luck.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thank you for the support I really appreciate it. It's another day & another chance to try. I have unisom & I'm going to try like hell to not go buy booze this morning, afternoon or evening.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrentKay View Post
Thank you for the support I really appreciate it. It's another day & another chance to try. I have unisom & I'm going to try like hell to not go buy booze this morning, afternoon or evening.
Welcome Trent,
Yep your in the right place. This place has done wonders for me in jus the short time i have been here.

Sorry you can't sleep. Anxiety? It's the worst.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes. Being a slave to booze sucks. I always wondered about crackheads & heroin addicts & **** & how a person could let something so stupid take over there life & now here I am doing the same exact thing. Only mine is easier to come by because I don't have to go to a crack house to get it. Just a few bucks & store that sells popov.