Notices

Here we go- for real this time...

Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go- for real this time...

New here.Mom of 3 with full time career. I am also an alcoholic. Husband knows I struggle with drinking but is not aware of how much & how often I drink.

I can go about 5 days without a drink but then end up binging or drinking daily for several days afterwards. This has been going on nearly 2 years. Vodka. The only withdrawal symptoms I have had are night sweats and anxiety when cravings hit.

Really trying to stop this here & now. Saw Dr. Liver function normal Iron too high at 190 which I guess is a tell tale sign of a heavy drinker.

Meeting to discuss these results with Dr at a later date.

I bought this app for support during weak moments.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Wanderlove,
I wanted to say welcome and this is definitely a great place for support. I'm in a similar situation in that I'm a Dad, full time career, and most certainly an alcoholic/binge drinker. I can stop for a few days, then always go back for a few days-weeks, thus Day 2 (again) today. I was at a meeting last week and a woman spoke about how hard it can be for binge drinkers to not only stop for good, but to really understand and accept what they're dealing with. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of AA, and have stopped for a couple of years in the past without meetings, but I am making myself go in order to get some strong footing and make it past the few day/five day mark. It's been helping me focus and remember daily what I really want....sobriety from alcohol. Best wishes to you.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome Wanderlove! Also a mom and full time (plus) career. Glad you're here. Post a lot, read a lot, join one of the classes (March 2013 in the newcomers thread). What is your plan to stay quit?
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome wanderlove - you'll certainly find a lot of support here.
Tam's question is a good one - what's your plan?

D