Notices

Reflections

Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reflections

Glad to be on Day 3. I feel Soooooo much better I can't barely begin to explain. I was invited some time ago to speak at a networking luncheon, which was yesterday. When I thought about this on Sunday and Monday it made me shudder. I really wanted to cancel, but held my resolve and made the commitment to do it. It turned out to be great. Great because I didn't get SMASHED the night before, which is my normal routine. I really gave it my all and it felt good.

Secondly, I was on virtually no sleep when I made the presentation. One of my children was sick on Tuesday night and we took them to the hospital late in the night. As hospital ERs go, it took until the next morning to be discharged. (He is absolutely fine, BTW). What struck me yesterday was that, if I was drinking on Tuesday night, there is no way I would have been able to be of any help in that situation. That really hit home for me. I thought about all the things in life that could go wrong (big or little) where I would be as useless as if I were dead. That furthered my resolve to keep my head down and do this one day at a time.

Best Thursday to everyone!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so glad your son is ok and that your presentation was a great personal success :-)
Old 03-07-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go...keep up the great work, sober!!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days!

Every 24 hours is a true blessing!
Glad you were able to be there for your sick child & most importantly be sober & sound mind to help!