Notices

struggling

Old 04-30-2004, 03:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Re: struggling

Hi Imp, I'm Missy - alcoholic. I have a hard time telling people that I'm an alcoholic too. I have cried everytime, but if sure feels good to get it out. I have been fortunate that my friends and family are supportive of this. They've known I had a problem longer then I did!

I also considered just taking an add out in the newspaper. Just to notify everyone! LOL

Take care and Welcome!
Missy
Old 04-30-2004, 03:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Imp, welcome to sober recovery, and I'm wishing you the best on your on stopping this insanity. I don't have much to say, you've got the best advice here....best gang around you know.

I don't have a problem with anyone knowing I have a drinking problem, if anything I think that's a good thing if you're trying to help yourself. But to each their own, I know some were shocked when I mentioned it, but I thought I don't care, I need to get well and that's all that matters. The one's who wanted to help me most are the one's who don't drink, the others laughed at me, thought it was funny when I went to AA, guess what they drink lots, but that's their business as far as I'm concerned, live and let live, all I know is I'm so sick and tired of it, you will be too the older you get, it will get worse. And one more thing, usually the do gooders are the one's who need to clean up their back yards, some are way way to quick to judge...shrugs...just a thought.

Anyway I'm so happy you've found us, yipppppeeeee for sobriety.

Hugs.....Denise
Old 04-30-2004, 04:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks everyone, it is great to have support somewhere out there.
Old 04-30-2004, 06:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

MAC,YOU HIRING?
I'LL SHOOT MY OWN FOOD! :camper:
ted
Old 04-30-2004, 09:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ted- we're crewed up at the moment- i'll do the PM thing if we get an opening- feel free to post likewise. And i should tell you about my last couple years 'out there'- lived off road kill!!
mackat
Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
Well, here's the deal. Anyone who walks away from you because you admit to having a problem with alcohol and want to do something about it wasn't worth having around in the first place, in my opinion. I also want to say that you might be surprised at the amount of support you will get from these people.
Hi Imp

I totally agree with Dan here. Drinking buddies will always be just that.

FRIENDS will support your decision to stop doing something that is causing a lot of pain.

I had a lot of mixed reactions when I stopped (the first time last year) but in time, when people saw the changes in me e.g. I lost 40lbs in weight, my face looked normal instead of looking like I’d been 4 rounds with Mike Tyson, the change in my character – they could see that life was getting better for me, and supported me.

JC :throb

Last edited by JaySee; 05-01-2004 at 01:16 AM. Reason: wrong name