Notices

OMG Look at Your Tongue !

Old 03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OMG Look at Your Tongue !

Hi all,

Just thought id give you a quick update on what has changed for me since i started making a change 10 days ago.

This morning i got up and did the usual routine, kids get up !!!! Breakfast, school lunch, cup of tea, cigarette( !!!), bathroom, brush my teeth....woahhh
hold on, I saw my tongue in the mirror and it was Pink, pink i tell you!

Everyday when i was drinking my tongue was coated in some revolting yellowy/white bacteria fur ( sooorrrryyyyy) Its was gross, i had to literally scrap it off!
This morning, beautiful , healthy pink tongue staring back at me.
It was a revelation!

So the first 5 days were pretty bad. the last few days less so. Have stopped thinking about it all the time, and started putting all my neglected affairs in order. Its not easy, but man its a weight off your mind when you get them sorted. its great you simply dont have to worry about those bills, fines, whatever anymore.

im going back to work tomorrow which im looking forward too.

Ive spent time with my kids i dont normally do.

For me, i made a resolute decision not to drink on day four. And thats it, there is no room for negotiation on it, so every time i hear that voice in my head, i can just say no, haven't you heard? I'm not doing that anymore.

It is and it isn't as simple as that, to be cryptic, but i think you'll know what i mean.

So to all those just starting out, continue! it gets easier. And to all those who have written to me, thanked me for my comments, etc, thank you for helping me get this far. May it long continue.
kia kaha
x
Old 03-03-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations. It feels good to catch up on things doesn't it? I was afraid of ditching alcohol, I thought it would be a drag but not so far.

And OMG you're right (sober day 13-14 here, just checked tongue in the mirror). I haven't felt this good since I did a 10 day juice cleanse - tongue was coral pink then too. No mystery fuzz either.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

mystery fuzz - MF from now on hahahaha
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting Im day 9 and starting to feel more like the old me, though woke up with a major headache this morning which is so unfair lol.

I was really afraid of giving up the drink but once I had decided to do it I havent had a problem is that normal, if I drink I cant stop if I dont I dont want it.

It is good to be in touch with people going through the same thing
Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey owls,
Dont get me wrong, ive had a headache every day, moodiness, anxiety. Thought about drinking/not drinking a lot. But i havnt really craved it either. there is no way i can trick myself by thinking just one drink, bc my brain knows thats an out and out lie. I dont want a glass of wine, i want to get drunk. So knowing this , and operating from a place where i cant lie to myself has made it easier in a way for me.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are going well and that you're feeling healthy.

I understand completely about your decision on Day 4. I also made a decision early on that drinking was no longer an option, ever. It was really amazing to me that my mind, slowly but surely, started figuring out healthy ways to deal with life.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks Anna,

to be brutally honest, i havnt gotten to the forever bit yet. It just seems too much at the moment to contemplate. I have a time of 3 months complete abstinence in mind. To be readdressed when i reach that point. That was as far ahead i could get to without my head and heart going into overdrive.
I hope im not setting myself up for failure thinking like that. I just needed some kind of time frame in my mind and i am taking every day i dont drink as a tiny triumph.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kia Ora!
Keep up your great work and attitude!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kia Ora Bro !and thank you so much.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seiceps View Post
Hey owls,
Dont get me wrong, ive had a headache every day, moodiness, anxiety. Thought about drinking/not drinking a lot. But i havnt really craved it either. there is no way i can trick myself by thinking just one drink, bc my brain knows thats an out and out lie. I dont want a glass of wine, i want to get drunk. So knowing this , and operating from a place where i cant lie to myself has made it easier in a way for me.
Thanks for the reply I dont really know what I should be thinking or feeling so appreciate your honesty
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Owls, neither do i. All i know is i dont feel as bad as i did a couple of weeks ago and thats enough. Keep on keeping on owls x
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Seiceps and you we have got to be heading in a better direction x
Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for an inspirational post, Seiceps. It's wonderful to hear how things are turning around for you. A pink tongue - who knew?!

It feels so good to get back to ordinary living. That thing we tried to escape from! May your happiness keep growing.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

First of all - congratulations on 10 days.

I admit I didn't believe the pink tongue comment. Being as tomorrow is two weeks for me though I headed into the bathroom to look in the mirror. Lo and behold, my tongue is turning back to a nice pink. And all these years the dentist was telling me to be sure to brush my tongue to keep the bacteria down. I had no idea it was from drinking.

It makes me look forward to other ways my body is going to start healing itself.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm laughing!!!! thinking Ive encouraged all these people in different parts of the world to go look at their tongues , glad you were pleasantly surprised Mark! and Owls yes we will.
Thanks for keeping me smiling peeps!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

OMG ceps...I HATED that icky white crap (MF lol) on my tongue. I forgot about it until you just said it. I actually had purchased a tongue scraper...ok ok tmi LOL But anyway, I don't need to use it anymore

I am honest with myself too about how much I want to drink. I never think "Gee, I would sure like a glass of wine" ..more like "I want the whole bottle" ...One would never be enough so no point in even trying. Glad you are feeling well
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

It's really great to hear how wonderful you are doing, Seiceps. You can be sure that people are following your progress, not only be cause they wish you to succeed, but also to see how to do it for themselves.

For me, i made a resolute decision not to drink on day four. And thats it, there is no room for negotiation on it, so every time i hear that voice in my head, i can just say no, haven't you heard? I'm not doing that anymore.
That is a lot like what I did too, Seiceps. There was just too much history, too much irrefutable evidence, for me to ever contemplate drinking again. My life was ending before my eyes, and there was nothing more good for me if I were to continue to drink. It is something I decided that I no longer do. Period.

Originally Posted by Seiceps View Post
Its not easy, but man its a weight off your mind when you get them sorted. its great you simply don't have to worry about those bills, fines, whatever anymore.
This is exactly how I felt when I decided that I had quit for good, Seiceps. It was an immense relief to me to know that I would never feel hungover, or the depression, guilt, shame, anxiety and self loathing that went with my drinking. It was over, and I was free.

My addiction got panicky when I made that decision, and told me that I was just setting myself up for failure. Not likely, my friend, I am setting myself up for success. I will have this success because I will never drink again.

Onward!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

me too! just checked - pink tongue
Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hands up all who checked their tongue after reading this lol
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Tongue check in Texas. All ok.