Notices

Almost 2 years sober and new to recovery..

Old 02-20-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 2 years sober and new to recovery..

Seems oxymoronic, but its the case. While I have not been drinking, I certainly haven't been "recovering" either.

I got sober on June 12th, 2011.

After detox, I started going to AA did the 90 meetings in 90 days. I had a home group, but I never really felt like I fit in there. It seemed to me that I was a party crasher and never connected with anyone. I didn't get a sponsor and didn't do the steps, and eventually stopped going completely. I think I went to meetings for about 3 or 4 months and that was it.

I'd randomly go to meetings every few months, but still never felt connected.

I'm hoping that I can find that sense of community here online. I honestly have no desire to drink and know that it will kill me if I do, but I have this deep desire for some connection to others that have the same past. I think I need to be constantly reminded of where I came from and to be vigilant.

Anyway, I'm Matt (and I'm new here). It appears I've signed up on this forum a long time ago, but I'm back for good now!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Matt)) - Welcome to SR!! I am an RA (recovering addict). I went to meetings, in the begining and still use what I learned there. However, I started reading around a lot of posts around here, and now my recovery "program" is "a little bit of this, a bit of that".

I don't fit into any one program, but I have learned that wanting to be clean, more than anything else, is the start, and the rest just comes.

I hope you read around, find what "fits" you and give it your all. You've got a great start, and I do believe you will find your way to recovery.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Matt

D