Notices

Short term rehab/whatever??

Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I hear what you are saying MLC and I understand. I don't have 5 kids, but I have triplets and one has autism. I was a newly single mom when the end came for me. I was so literally overwhelmed that even the simplest task was too much. I would stand in front of my closet staring...just standing there barely able to pull a shirt from the hanger to put on. I would go to work, only to be sent home within the 1st half hour. The only thing that helped me was to be able to step back from all my responsibilities and get my bearings. I hope you can find a solution and I'm glad you are going to therapy. That helped me alot.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi MLC, thought I'd chime in here as another Aussie (in Melbourne). I can relate to your dilemma about needing just a short term detox situation - I went yesterday Monday to see a Drug and Alcohol counsellor at my local community health service; she's going to refer me to the health service's Withdrawal service. This includes (based on my reading of their pamphlet) things like assisted withdrawal at home if necessary, or referral to a residential facility if necessary.

Maybe check out your local community health / drug and alcohol service about that kind of option???? I know that Campbell's decimated so many public services in Qld (Baillieu's done quite a bit of that here in Victoria too!). But usually things like I mentioned above - at the local government level - are funded by a mix of Fed / State and local govt funding, so are usually spared.

Give it a whirl?
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

MLC, I hope that you find a inpatient or outpatient situation that will work for you. You say it's early days and don't need it yet, but really you are slipping down the slope very quickly from what I see. Stop now while you can and help yourself. Do whatever it takes so you be the woman and mother you want to be.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Honey, I've logged back on after reading this. My friend may have lived in Hervey Bay but I know where she worked they stretched far and wide. I know it's scary because it is Social Services... but I can ask her. Ask her what there is out there to help you.

You don't need heroin or meth though, you don't. This all seems to have spiralled from having valium. How unhappy and confused are you now after getting that valium script?

Not good is it?

You know this needs sorting before it ends in disaster, that is why you are posting. Let us help you - yes?

Don't let it get any worse, there is nothing good to come from it. Please take care and think.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

MLC, I went to a (free) detox program here, and most patients were only there for a few days. It is simply to help safely get over those first few days. It is not meant to be a long-term solution; you are expected to figure out how to do that after getting over acute withdrawal.

Besides getting over withdrawal, I lived with other addicts and realized where I was headed. It is very helpful to see how other people are (or are not) coping with setting their lives straight. There wasn't much counseling, and conditions / food quality was minimal.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks so Muxh everyone. Don't really know what to say today. Cymbalta is knocking me around and hubby forgot to take my Valium with Him
Today.

UmZ I did one good things Mum have me a bottle of wine the other day for my birthdays and I just have t aqua to a friend. So yay me
Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. I really can't type properly on my ohienntksauZ