Notices

Hurting...

Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hurting...

Hello all,

Today I found out that my fiance has returned to his old crack addiction. I too have used but coke (sniffed)was my choice so far 11 almost 12 yrs have passed and I'm still sober. Now I'm not sure about how to handle this situation with my fiance. I was shocked and am still in denial as he just finished inpatient treatment last week. Where do I go from here? HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Last edited by Buttersgirl68; 02-13-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: needed to add last line
Old 02-13-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Hugs & love to you
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Buttersgirl
I'm sorry for your situation.

I see you've already been to our Family and Friends forum.
I think the advice most of us will give you, here or there, is to look after yourself.

ask yourself honestly if you think anything is likely to change, ask yourself how much you're prepared to put up with, and ask yourself what kind of relationship is it you think you deserve....how far does this one fall short?

Its not easy and you have some tough thinking ahead - but there's a lot of support here...you're not alone

D
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Buttergirl... I am sorry you have found yourself here, but welcome. You have some tough decisions to make, remember that you can only affect your own behaviour, and its important that you take care of you first. I hope you find some answers on this site, people really do want to help if they can.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's not for you to "handle". It's for him to "handle". Your own sobriety is an enormous, impressive achievement! Guard it well. It's a fantastic investment, worth all the gold you could carry. You would certainly be of no use to your fiance (quite the contrary!) if you relapsed. But you can't make him quit, can't even help him quit, unless he really wants to quit and is determined to quit. Then you can give him all the support he deserves. Sounds a bit like that movie, "When a Man Loves a Woman", but with the roles reversed.

W.