Notices

just came here to maybe find some help and a friend

Old 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just came here to maybe find some help and a friend

hi. i found this site and i just need a friend, please. i'm going through a really hard time. i think i fall under the category of a co-dependent. i'm not an alcoholic or an addict, although i have used many things in my past. but i love someone who is very much so. i'm being hurt and i'm all alone. i don't have any friends at all, everytime, it just gets worse. i came here, bercause i have nowhere else to go and i hurt so bad.
i'm not normally this depressed and hurting. i'm a happy, good person, i think. i just do't anymore.
sorry. i don't want to bring anyone down. there really is a god who is there for us.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi stuart - you'll find a lot of support here

you might like to check out our Family and Friends forums as well

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

have you thought of looking for support in places like AlAnon or NarAnon?
D
Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stuart,

I think it's great that you reached out for support. You are not alone and I think you will find lots of good information here.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

stuart, you know, I bet all of us here have felt just like you have. But you know, there is hope and things will get better. Do you want to share a little more about your situation? I'm telling you, there will be a lot of people that will give you great suggestions and also share their experiences too.

I was way too co-dependent in the past as well, and it you know what? It did me no good, I ended up being the alcoholic and I also learned that I needed to take care of me first, learn to say "no" and also make sure that I am happy where I am in life.

You find that happy place too. Welcome to SR, and please keep posting.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes. Be sure to check out the Friends and Family forum that Dee mentioned. You will be amazed at what you find there.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

stuart - we're here for you, fair warning... we're a bunch of drunks
Old 02-03-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank yu so much for your words of encouragement. Life is very hard for me right now. The situation I am in, is very difficult & I don't know if I could explain it, even anonymously. I donb't have anyone I can turn to & I don't know what to do. All I can do, is keep praying and trying to stay strong. I came to these sites because I can't go anywhere else for help and support. As long as I can talk to someone, maybe I can find the strength to get through all of this. I just can't talk to anyone I know. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by stuartlittle
As long as I can talk to someone, maybe I can find the strength to get through all of this.
What would you like to talk about?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

stuart, trust me on this, bottling it up inside is like a ticking time bomb, and I bet there are things that you have been through that several us have too, and if not, certainly others would support you in.

My trauma started when I was 4 years old, and it went on from there, so use your imagination. If I didn't dump everything and talk to someone I was going to die from numbing all the pain I kept holding onto for 30+ years.

No one here knows who you are, and I promise you, even if you don't get into details, not one person here is going to slam you. Just know that.

Many of us have been though a lot and we have used alcohol and drugs to numb ourselves, self medicate, and is why we got to where we did.

Keep coming back, you truly did find a good group of people here. I certainly feel safe here.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Can you tell us a little about what is bothering you? Maybe we'd have some suggestions. I'm glad you found us and joined the family. :ghug3
Old 02-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

stuart,

If this is a safety issue, you can share in a general sense and the members here will completely understand and respect that.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

please share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with Stuart

naturally, tho, the more insight you can give us into the problem the better the responses will be

D