Notices

Hi my name is raf and im 6 days sober i need help!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi my name is raf and im 6 days sober i need help!

i have been a alcoholic for the past 4 years i gradually made it to where i couldn't even consume enough beer to get me tipsy so i had to buy hard liqour all the time.. anyway i quit COLD TURKEY because i was starting college and i didn't want to fail because of my alcoholism like the year before. i was on my way to school when i started shaking horribly on the first day and had to call a 911 before i even made it to the hospital where they gave me something called ativan because they where afraid i was going to have a seizer. anyway now im 6 days sober and ive noticed my tips of my finders are REALLY sweaty and REALLY red. that didn't scare me that much but then i woke up this morning and there are red blotches on my hands and it looks like a popped vein or something on the tip of my finger (looks like 3 red dots that are raised up) should i be worried? is this normal for withdraws? oh forgot to include they gave me xanax to help me while i recover.

TL;DR my fingers are really red and my hands / fingers have red raised up blotches on them and some of them hurt.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No this is not normal and you need to get medical attn now. We are not allowed to give medical advice, however this is just a common sense call on my part. Better to be safe than sorry. You may be having a reaction to the meds they perscribed you. Please get checked out asap.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds like a question for a doctor, and it does NOT sound normal to me L2, if you have insurance, I encourage you to either go to an Urgent Care Center or the ER. The raised blotches don't sound good to me. Please get help, and be sure to come back here and let us know you're okay.

I know this is your first post, but it doesn't have to be your last, this site is wonderful and filled with people who will support you and encourage you. Good luck! ~ Vegi.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sadly i don't have insurance =[ and i know for a fact its not a reaction to the meds as i was on xanax before this and had no reactions to it. should i still be worried? ;x im freaked out now...

also id like to add when i went to the hospital i already had the red finger tips just not the 3 blotches on my index finger that appeared over night and the doctor told me the red fingertips where from withdrawing could this be correct?
Old 01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi raf - welcome

as others have said, we can't give you medical advice here.

I've never heard of that and I have no idea whether you should be worried or not. If you are concerned, you need to see a Dr...you'll need to go to the ER or a low cost clinic if money is a problem for you

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf
The 10816 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i have a appointment at one of the low costs clinics but its about a month away. im not THAT worried about it because i have a feeling its just because my hands are so sweating and clammy from whithdrawling that when i lit my lighter it could of cut me. but i didnt notice or something anyway i have a few more questions that are more about the "withdrawels"

1. im really constipated i usually have to take a laxative now to pass a stool (i know gross...) does anyoneknow anyway to help this? or how long it usually lasts for?

2. the shakes... i get the shakes then i take a xanax and they go away for a while and come back after it wears off, anyway to help them without meds/ how long they usually last?

3 the sweaty clammy hands how long or what can i do to help this?

4 feel like im always kind of dizzy... how long do you think till my body gets back into it? or what can i do to help this?

5 this one is probably impossible for any of you to answer but id like to ask anyway im going to college right now and i dont want to tell my professors im withdrawing from alcohol =/ so my question is there anything i can do to calm myself down in situations im not comftirible with especially with a shaky pencil... and its pretty hard to concentrate because im constantly worried someones watching me shake :/

PS, thanks for all the help/support/informations guys much appreciated. never knew it would be this hard. ~ Raf.

PPS, sorry for the bad grammar its hard when your all shaky lol