Notices

Gonna Be A Hard Weekend

Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
Linda, he fired you because he caught you smoking?? Serious? OMG, I'm so sorry. I hope you're going to file for unemployment. So, so sorry. :ghug3
Yes she definately file for unemployment. Even if they deny it at first make sure you appeal and go to the hearing. The burden of proof is on them not you. As long as you were not fired for gross misconduct you should win your case.

Keep your chin and think of the positive possibilities that lie ahead.

I was let go 11 months ago and have been on unemployment since. I have decided to,pay off my bills with my tax return.,I also filed for federal student aid I am planning on,working part time and attending college starting this summer for a degree in counseling those with substance abuse issues. It's a big change but I am ready for it. While it has been hard to find a job it has been nice to spend more time on myself, my home, my family and my kids.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks again all! Yes I will be filing for unemployment. Have a little cash socked away so I'm not in any major financial need right now. Just trying not to get stressed or depressed - a sure way to the bottle for me! (That was AV poking at me, reminding me of yet another reason to drink....go away AV...I'm not listening)!

Hope you all have a great day! As for me...I'm not going to drink today.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this. I was laid off last June. I started drinking on July 4th and pretty much stayed drunk for 6 months with a few sober days mixed in. It was horrible. Don't let that be you. It's important to stay positive while unemployed/seeking employment. Drinking will only depress you more and make your situation worse. Stay strong and remember why you stopped. Dont think about your alone time this weekend. Take it one moment at a time. You can do it.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Linda i hope you have a wonderful weekend and find a better job too....and spring is 54 days from now, sober days.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey linda.

Just wanted to say hi. Check in with us when you can, eh?
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Firing someone for smoking a cigarette is ridiculous. You should defiantly look into filing unenployment. Unless it was a documented issue that caused problems with your ability to do your job well, and unless it was documented somewhere a minimum of 3 times, they can't just fire you over that.

Really sorry this happened to you. I like your attitude. Something better may indeed be around the corner and you deserve it. In the meantime, like you said, a drink won't fix it!

Keep up the good work and relax a bit. Enjoy your time off while you look for that better job. I'm trying to do the same, in the same boat. I've worked off and on since June only to have seasonal jobs let all the temps go. I can't even get hired at the kind of places I used to work at when I was 18 and now I'm 30 with a degree done in one semester. I don't say this to make it all about me or discourage you though. I know we will both be ok.