Notices

Day 3

Old 01-09-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3:

My wife still hasnt talked to me. She has been non stop cleaning the house. This is her way of coping.

My drinking buddy texted and asked if we were in trouble. Besides drinking I'm not too sure what I did.

My wife took my night stand pistol because I told her that I would just go blow my head off as I was stumbling to bed. For some reason I remember doing and saying this and remember her coming in and taking it....I dont know how to ask for it back.....

And for as stupid and as minor as it sounds, I cant find my darn sunglasses. I dont think its the glasses per se, its the fact that I dont know where I lost them while I was drunk.

Its just the wanting of answers to question I have about my a blackout....

Trying to cope with accepting the things I can not change....

Gall
Old 01-09-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 Gall. I understand the whole black out thing. After a while I gave up on trying to figure out what happened. That was for 14 year's. I'm currently 42 day's clean and it feel's great. I can say this, you will feel alot better soon. It only get's easier, but they say it is easier to get clean than it is to stay clean. Just take it one day at a time my friend. Best of luck to you and the path you have chose to take in getting clean and sober.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by gall1972 View Post
Trying to cope with accepting the things I can not change....
Like your inability to control your drinking? Accept it. You are not and never will be a normal drinker.

Stay committed to your recovery. You will never have to wake up and wonder what you did or said in a drunken blackout.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have no cravings at all. Just anxiety and fear.

Although last night at work I got the taste in my mouth of a wine my mother got me drunk on when I was like 15. I havent drank it since then.... 25 years ago.

Withdraws are strange... especially the ones in your head.....

I need to move away from this computer and get some stuff done. Its so hard to get moving.... I heard Day 3 for some reason is a very hard day. Maybe because its the end of the withdraw and the enemy is holding on tightly.....

Gall
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Day 3 here too. Back at work, luckily i'm participating in almost a full day of teleconference interviews so I can kind of hide out in my office and read other things too. No cravings yet either, but finding it hard to get to sleep. Kind of ironic really, when I drink I fall asleep ( pass out ) right away and then wake up in the middle of the night when the alcohol wears off, depending on how much I drank before bed and can't get back to sleep. Now I can't get to sleep but when I finally do I don't want to wake up! Looking forward to a clean day 3 for all ( or whatever day you are on ) and and even better tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jkb

Gall1972,
I am on day 4...cant say its much better than day 3 but, thought I would say hi anyway...jkb
Old 01-09-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
Gall1972,
I am on day 4...cant say its much better than day 3 but, thought I would say hi anyway...jkb
Congrats...almost halfway to day 4 myself, looking forward to it!