Notices

New to SR & 3 days sober

Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to SR & 3 days sober

Hi all,

I chose to join the class of 2013 here & look forward to reading&writing along with everyone regarding our progress. I've abused alcohol for 17 years. I got away with it for most of those years, but after reading a bunch of posts here on SR and information elsewhere, I realize that the last two years have been "classic" in the more serious progression of use. Switching to spirits from wine or beer? Yes. Tremendous increase in capacity and quantities consumed? yes.

I started to get concerned when my naturopath said I needed to reduce my levels of blood and lymph congestion (Due to drink).

I knew I had to change, when after consuming a ton of drink at two recent holiday parties, I found myself falling to the curb, unable to stand after leaving the pub and walking for a few minutes. I'm guessing that the sudden increased circulation from walking and fresh air combined with the large amount of spirits consumed caused this. I never experienced anything like it, so take it as a big sign saying "Last Exit".

Very glad to be here and let's make 2013 the year.

CT
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome CTBIKER! It's wonderful you want to change your life - you can do it. Being here will help you not to feel alone - we all understand what you're going through.

Yes, this is going to be 'the year' for you.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome CTBIKER!!!