Notices

New to forum..where to start?

Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to forum..where to start?

I just recently found this SR site and am amazed at the info and posts.I am so happy to have found a place where I can talk to others in my situation because my husband is in semi-denial about my stepsons drug addiction. I say semi denial because he knows he is a drug addict..Been to 2 short rehab stints and last one threw him out after 1 week but he is supposedly clean for 3weeks. He is staying at our house at night because he has nowhere to live no job no nothing. But he goes to work with my husband and walks the city looking for s job. We will not leave him in our house alone because he cant be trusted not to steal from us. I think he Sss doing good for theft firs 16 days but last we he was out of our house with "friends" and he came home glassy eyed and drolly eyed. We gave him a drug test..two in fact that said he had pot and opiates in his urine. Of course he denied it and said the pot was from before rehab. 23 days ago! My husband believed him..My husbandsays he is going to help him as long as he is clean. He will not turn his back on him and wants to be his sponsor.! I am in the middle. I believe our son is using again but just argue with my husband when I try to talk about it. He said he feels responsible to help him as long as he is clean..Any suggestions for me
Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear patknj317,

sorry to hear of your troubles. I am sure someone will beat me to it in directing you to the best forum to help you, but here is the link for support for substance abusers:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I wish you all the very best

Val
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Actually Pat

I think the Family and Friends forums might be even better for you - you'll find a lot of help and support there

Welcome
D
Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Pat! You've found a wonderful place. You aren't alone any more.