Notices

A Little Sober Friday Night Fun

Old 12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Little Sober Friday Night Fun

My dear friend had a heart attack earlier this week. She is only 46 years old, non smoker, non drinker, someone who exercises regularly; the picture of health. How scary! But she is doing well, and came home from the hospital today.

While her MIL and hubby were picking her up to bring home, and working to get her settled in at home, I took their children off their hands for a few hours to decorate Christmas sugar cookies.

Their 6th grade daughter is the picture of "sugar and spice" and is polite, hard working and helpful. She set down to get the cookies decorated in a no nonsense fashion.

Her 1st grade brother is, on the other hand . . . well a seven year old boy - lol! He was bored almost immediately . . . until I came up with the idea to "frost" the cookies with my imaginative ingredients.

When we were done, he had frosted the cookies with mustard, bbq sauce (topped with ground mustard), wasabi paste, anchovi paste, tomato paste (topped with moz cheese), and his personal favorite squeeze cheese (topped with M&Ms). We even wrapped one in bacon and fried it.

It was sososoo much fun. He had a blast . . . and so did I.

Even though it sounds like something someone might do only when they were drunk, it was really a good way to kick back and have some sober fun.

Our evil plan (his idea) is to take the tray of cookies to a neighbor party tomorrow night!

Hahahaha!