Notices

I relapsed big time

Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I relapsed big time

I feel I have lost my brain. I don't even know what to do.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm back on the wagon today too. It's okay, use your experience to strengthen your resolve. Don't be afraid to reach out for help. It's difficult but we can do it! Don't despair.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are all lost when we are still drinking. I think you know what you have to do, if you want it. We have all been there.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I think I could be much smarter if I didn't like alcohol. Now it's a battle.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think whenever someone relapses it's a sign they need to do more for their recovery Ima.

What had you been doing?

D
Old 12-21-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just take it one day at a time. I relapsed around Thanksgiving and was so pissed at myself for doing so. But I had to realize that I couldn't take back thee fact that I drank and I had to move on. For today, don't allow yourself to drink. Do everything you can to not drink. Then tomorrow, you will be happy with yourself and you can carry on that thought. It's really hard to get off that train of thought once you have yourself convinced that you are going to have that drink. But just take one day at a time...
Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I relapsed in October, on a visit to my Mom. It was carefully planned ("Just one glass of wine on the plane."*). I had been sober a week, but I really knew the drinking had to stop; Mom had promised to have no booze during my visit. Anyway, the visit didn't go to well. Now, I am staying sober with the help of AA.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are back on here, and that is a good thing. Spend some time reading tonight and thinking about what can help you stay sober this time. Sounds like you already have a few SR people starting again with you.

You guys can all do this!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

you've got to realize that alcohol is destroying your life...you want to go back to school and get your doctrate? you can't do it with a hangover every day.

your life is consisting of isolating yourself at home and daily recovering from a hangover during work, weekends of nonstop drinking. You are not moving forward in your life because of the booze.

to sound cliche, if nothing changes, nothing changes....so how are you going to break the cycle? I hope that you want to...and realize you need to make some drastic changes in your living and habits.