Notices

Still sick a week later, need to vent!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Still sick a week later, need to vent!

Hey guys & girls,

I have been sick for a week now with a bad head cold, sinus problems and a chest infection. Round 2 of different antibiotics as the first made me nauseous to the point of vomiting This lot isn't proving to be much different

What's distressing is that this feels just like the first couple of weeks of sobriety; head is super-foggy, I'm lethargic, can't concentrate and even though my higher power is still at work, I feel hugely disconnected, can't suss out what my will is as opposed to God's and my behaviours mimic those of when I've been drinking in the past. I feel sorry for myself, get a bit clingy & complain quite a bit....even though my housemates have assured me I'm absolutely fine!

Anyway, I've had my sponsor and other members on "umbilical cord", but It's really not helping my mindset too much

Thanks for reading my vent-I think I needed to get that out!

Xx
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Regardless of your housemates' assessment, you must be in distress. I wish you the best.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Quinne,
Glad you are posting about your feelings, and Im very glad to hear you have some support systems in place to help you through this. Always take the help and support that is offered!
I hope you feel better soon....physically and mentally/emotionally. And do try and take it easy on yourself....
All the best!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Quinne - sometimes I think we just need to let ourselves be miserable and whine and complain and not feel bad for doing it. This too shall pass. Everybody gets down sometimes esp when sick be miserable and then feel better.