Notices

Could use kind words

Old 12-01-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Could use kind words

AFter all my big talk and good intentions during the week - I as usual screwed it up last night. I haven't left the house today because I am so hungover and so mentally drained. I have so much to do and wasted a whole day. I think this is the worst I have ever felt - I guess its punishment for being such an idiot - I did it to myself.

Well thanks for reading - I have to go lay back down because I can barely move and even the ligth from the computer is bothering me.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good intentions are awesome TTBABP - but we need action behind them to make them work, I think?

Take care of yourself today - start working out a plan tomorrow

D
Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The feeling that you have right now. Thats the one I finally got sick of. Believe me I did try to learn to love it. Gave it the best years of my life. Drink water. You probably are. All I can tell you is to remember how you feel and promise yourself to try not to feel that way anymore. Good Luck.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Don't let a bad night turn into a bad week. Today is another day and you have another choice to make today. Millions of people have overcome this disease and you can, too. Try not to think about last night's mistake and try not to think about tomorrow, either. Just decide not to drink today and follow through.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Let these awful hungover feelings spur you on to really decide that alcohol can't play any role in your life. We have all tried to moderate I am sure, it never works for us.

It's your decision. You can do this

Love
CaiHong
Old 12-01-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Starting to feel a LITTLE more hopeful because of your responses. I really appreciate them.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

This can be the last day you need to feel like this TTBABP

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-01-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi TT,
In my experience, beating myself up for things just works to lay the guilt on myself, and to escape from the guilt I do something to escape. Like drink. For me, if I can stop beating myself up and be kind to myself, it works a whole lot better to make things in my life get better.

In this forum, I have found a bunch of people who have been very kind to me. Supportive. I hope you find that too.

Thanks for being here. Today is only what matters.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hope you get feeling better TTBABP and know what you're experiencing today. I've been on a week long binge and finally had enough. The withdrawals are pretty nasty today but I know that if I don't drink, I'll be back to my normal self again.

Stay strong and focus on getting through each day and look forward to feeling healthy and productive again very soon.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Next time you think about drinking remember how you feel right now.
I always hated the way I felt the next day and use to drink just to make it stop.
I don't do that anymore and neither do you. Just keep trying, the day will pass and tomorrow will be better.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Don't over do it; one day at a time my friend. Keep trying! One step, one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

TT, thanks for reminding me how bad it feels. For me, it (hangover/nausea) started to last longer than a day sometimes.

Keep checking in here, it helps a lot.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neway55 View Post
I always hated the way I felt the next day and use to drink just to make it stop.
Yep, that's what I've been doing for the last week and struggling with sober day #1. Tomorrow is a new and better day for me since I didn't drink today.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Here's where it can end, TTBAP. I was so exhausted from trying to control what I drank that it was a huge relief when I finally said no more, ever. There's no fun left in it for us - the old euphoria is never coming back. Time for a new way of life. You can do it.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn - I never thought about it that way but you are right it is exhausting trying to control it.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Only after many years of fighting it did I arrive at that conclusion. I was a slow learner.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Just start again & keep trying if you have to. You're not an idiot for relapsing you're a success because you are trying.
Remember how you feel now & use that as the feeling you DONT want to have forever.
Hugs.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hevyn is absolutely right. I was absolutely exhausted from repeated efforts at trying to stop drinking. Know for sure that you don't ever have to feel this bad again.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Lots of great advice in the above posts. Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow when you are feeling better, and you will be on day two! Hang in there.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTBABP View Post
AFter all my big talk and good intentions during the week - I as usual screwed it up last night. I haven't left the house today because I am so hungover and so mentally drained. I have so much to do and wasted a whole day. I think this is the worst I have ever felt - I guess its punishment for being such an idiot - I did it to myself.

Well thanks for reading - I have to go lay back down because I can barely move and even the ligth from the computer is bothering me.
hi,
wo...i so iunderstand....my story over and over, and like u, i messed up so bad last night that today has been a wipeout. But you are not an idiot, u might be an alcoholic, as I am, and the battle is ongoing.....but tomorrow you have another chance....and the next day....
it feels like we are in the right place, a place of support and understanding....right now, let's just get you through the night with love and kindness. You are a good person who is trying to change.....please don't despair xx