Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

What sort of non alcoholic drinks do people drink in the evenings

Notices

What sort of non alcoholic drinks do people drink in the evenings

Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hello all, this is a very interesting thread, I'm learning alot about the alternative drinks that individuals use to alcohol...learning alot here that I can incorporate into my own journey. Thanx for sharing.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm deffo a sparkling water with lime cordial, ice and a slice of lemon or lime or even orange kind of girl. Wow, I might go wild tonight and have all three. I also love cloudy lemonade. Juices are good but I try not to have too many of them. Tea, I do love a good cuppa, and chamomile and vanilla is my new herbal favourite.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I've found that soda water (carbonated water) is a good substitute for the taste of beer
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Timelord

Tea, limeade, chamomile, coke. But also na beer with lemonade to make a shandy. Like a previous poster whisky was my poison so this doesn't trigger anything.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:11 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I love iced tea (no sugar) and would drink it all day long if the caffeine didn't affect me. I've tried decaf black tea, but it's just not the same taste (to me). Lately I've been making my own "sports drink" substitute. I take a package of powdered drink mix, Koolaid or store brand, and add 1 quart (liter) of water, saccharine, and a couple teaspoons of sugar. I find the saccharine doesn't make me feel weird like aspartame does, and the tiny bit of sugar keeps me from having an artificial sugar rebound. Costs next to nothing--you realize how much profit there is a bottle of the brand-name stuff. Lemonade is my favorite flavor--it doesn't leave me with a purple tongue!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

This thread rocks! I too am fond of the slight bite of fizzy water. If you are near a trader joes they have an unsweetened orange one that is great- only a hint of orange and a nice clean fizz. Reeds extra ginger brew is good too, but a little sweet for me.

On a visit to the uk I expected to be a little bummed and overwhelmed by all the beer options I wouldn't be able to have, but was super pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of nonalcoholic options! Elderflower, rose, all kinds of cordials. Ginger beer with a great ginger bite that isn't too sweet (barr's ?). I even tried an na beer that was wonderful.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Pellegrino; 88 cent bottles of raspberry flavored seltzer; apricot, coconut (Thanks Marine!), and green teas; two morning cups of vanilla flavored coffee; lots of spring water w/lemon. That, my friends, is it.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Diet Dr Pepper
Old 09-05-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I'm a big fan of herbal tea. I've started to drink a lot more; usually a cup of Pukka Detox Tea and then a cup of Chamomile to wind down with.