Notices

Windancer again...Its day 4 again....

Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Windancer again...Its day 4 again....

Hello,
So I really dont feel like talking much although I should. last time I posted here it was day 3 of sobriety. I relapsed badly on the weekend and then the day before my bday. I think I found out who my real friends are though! The same guy that tried to take me to detox helped/encouraged me get wine twice. I dont know if he doesnt understand or what. I do know I have to drop him like a hotcake as his behaviour is beginning to get scary and I think he thinks he loves me..but it is more like possessive obsession. We did date causually awhile ago but Ive told him since (and before) that it isnt the right time, Im not over my ex and I need to focus on myslelf. he doesnt take no very well. Some of the things he has tried to pull lately are downright scary and so Im being much more assertive and staying strong so he doesnt sucker me in again lol. Im feeling quite positive though considering it is day 4.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well you made it this far, I hope you keep going forward! Awesome!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sober 12/18/11

Its nice to see that your post is coherent at day 4. Haha at day 4 I couldnt walk straight! anyways, It seems clear that you know a relationship of that caliber is definitely not a good thing to be dabbling with while you try and get sober. Relationships really take the focus off of recovery. At the beginning its absolutely imperative that you maintain as much focus on yourself and your higher power. Any slip in focus off of it is a chance for the addict thinking mindset to take control. You can do it, and I have high hopes for you!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

We all can learn from our mistakes- welcome back
Old 11-11-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Windancer. Day 4 is awesome. Keep going you can do it.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just keep up the good work and keep your focus as you move through the next few days.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The important thing is that you are back, and sounds like you have gained some valuable insights to help you continue to move forward. Keep posting and reading, I have found it helps keep me accountable.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! It is now day 5.....and I am still trying to figure out how to utilize this site properly! Anyone know where there are some tips or something to help me navigate through it? I dont know how to reply to just one person or anything lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yay to day 5!!

I found the best way to see the site is to check the new posts tab above. Also if you have a specific enquiry and want to see what's been written before I do a google search and finish with soberrecovery in the box. It usually brings up discussion thread eg 'tips for sobriety soberrocovery' etc

Good luck finding your way about!

S x