Notices

The first day

Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job making day 1! You can make day 2 and beyond! Keep drinking that water. Switch it up with juices and teas. Treat yourself with some treats. Stay close to here. Everyone here understands. You can do it and it is worth it.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome! Surrender and acceptance. Two words, two powerful words.

You are not alone, cheerful servant.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's excellent news Cheerful, you'll get there. Keep on going and be kind to yourself. Keep posting, we're all here for you. Stay strong.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i'm on day three and it sucks dealing with it and thinking about it everyday. im glad i found this website. i'm too embarrassed to go to AA.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Keep us updated CS.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Surrendering and admitting you are powerless is good, but it's only the beginning. After 15 years of daily drinking you need a plan, willpower alone probably won't be enough. For me, this website was a big help, but it took the face to face meetings of AA with local support to get me where I want to be.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I came pretty close last night! Election. Isn't that stupid that I would let some stuff that I have no control over threaten my sobriety. I ended up walking and drinking------WATER!!!!! 90 oz to get though it. I don't know how, but I did it. I know it wasn't me, but HP performing another miracle, so thank you HP, for letting me stay strong.

I do well during the day. I suck at night. I don't know why.
But Three days sober. Thank you all for loving me. Even when I am not loving mysel.f
Old 11-07-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I just read Zebra's post. I need a plan. Thank you Zebra. I will find a meeting this morning and I will post about it so that I can be accountable.

you folks are special to me
Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Keep gping Cheerful, find that meeting and get all the support and help you need.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well done Cheerful! Well done on chugging water and walking.

Let us know how the meeting was.

My experience is that the love and support I feel from my SR friends is REAL. And POWERFUL. We are all over the globe, 24/7 connected by our desire to live sober and to help each other here do the same. Awe inspiring.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Cheerful. I go to the meeting on Wed. in Sherwood. Pretty good people and pretty open meeting. Lots of good sobriety there.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I screwed up. I did';t binge drink. I binge ate. I can't even type/ I am forcing myself to do this so that I have to admit to God and other people that I am powerless. I made two days. Was feeling tough again. Oh Yeah- 9:00 At night it started. I lied. I looked for a meeting, I found a meting, I just didn't go to a meeting. I am so sorry. I am hurting myself and those around me. I give up again. I am really tired of giving up. Only two days.

OK. Pity party is over. While I don't have a booze hangover, today I have a food hangover. It is just as bad, trust me. Please help me God. I can't do it by myself.

I am not drinking right now. I am not binging right looking for food or booze. At least I didn't drink. I need help
Old 11-08-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Screwing up is kind of part of the deal. OK so you screwed up and you know it. Do the right thing today and tomorrow you will feel better. Giving up is the only thing you can do wrong today.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

so fr, right now, I have not binged or drunk. 12 hours
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I am starting over again. Remember when I said I have never made more than two days. Well- I have never made more than two days.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by cheerfulservant View Post
Remember when I said I have never made more than two days. Well- I have never made more than two days.
Stop being a self-fulfilling prophesy. Start thinking you can do this, one day at a time if need be. Thinking about failure leads to failure.

You can do this.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

two days sober.
I ate bad and my wife crashed the car but I did not binge. I am not drinking and now I am fighting against eating to kilo myself. But two days under control. The next thing is to offer my problem to my HP and ask him to help me get my weight under control
Old 11-16-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Cheerful, maybe you are trying to take on too much at once. I have a drink problem and a weight problem. But I know both are tough. So for now I am focusing on living sober. And I use every tool I can to help me win this fight: AA, HP, family, friends, SR, books, podcasts, ....

It's like trying to build a house. I wouldn't try to do that without a saw, a hammer, skilled tradespeople, a good contractor, ... Why would I make it harder for myself and more likely to fail?

I go to AA because I need tools and they have some. I was worried at first that I would see someone I knew but I understand that they were scared of that too.

And then I DID meet someone I knew and they were so kind and accepting and helpful. They did not think less of me - they were proud of me.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I have not binged ate in three days! Hooray! I have gained 10 pounds since September. I feel like I am coming out of a nightmare.
I have begin exercising again seriously. I wish I could make that my compulsion (ha). I know that's bad as well. But I am on the road again finally. I am giving to to HP.
I have mde changes in my life that are good. I quit a toxic organization, I quit a toxic organization where I was actually in a leadership role, I told my family that I need love and affection as well an they do, now I am not drinking for three days and not binge eating for three days. I am taking it one step t a time. Help me Lord, I can not do it myself.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

So we made a bunch of dessert kinds of food today. The family ate them. I ate on piece and now I am going to bed. If I make it it will be day 2.

I give up. I surrender for tonight.