Notices

The first day

Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry The first day

Every day for the last 15 years has been the first day of sobriety. I have never made the second day. I stumble and get drunk again every single day. Well, I have had a few days where I didn't drink. But I can't tell you how many because I don't remember them. I am a closet alkie. I put on a good show. This is the last chance for me. I have surrendered to my HP and I am right now, not drinking. I have to find a meeting. I surrender GOD! Do you hear me? I hope so because you are all I have.

Just for this minute-
Just for this second-
Old 11-05-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it! Sounds like you have a good plan for today. Find a meeting and take this chance that you have. Stay in the moment. Check in with us often.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

District 02 A.A.

Good Morning!

Welcome to Area 74 District 02 serving part of Northeast Wisconsin. We hope this site can assist you in finding your way around our district, and with your recovery!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can quit. It is not as impossible as it feels. There are a lot of people here who have gone through what you are going through including me. I have 3 weeks. I believed I could'nt get this far but I did and you can too.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just concentrate on today.Don't think about the future. You can do this.
Come here and read stories when you want to drink or when bored.
Keep reading and posting
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Please stick around and post lots - it really does help.

Believe in yourself. You can do this. There are thousands of people here on SR who have achieved long lasting sobriety from a situation like yours. You are not alone and you are just as able as everyone here is to beat your alcoholism.

Wishing you all the best.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! Lots of support here. You can do it!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Cheerful and a big welcome to S.R

It sounds like your ready to stop now and put up a fight for sobriety. You can do it, if I can, you can. I'm nearing day 80 now and my life is a million times better already! It isn't always easy, but you can do anything if you really want to.

Find a meeting, read and post here as often as you possible can, be kind to yourself and take it day by day, or hour by hour. You'll get loads of support here and make some really good friends, so what have you got to lose? Go for it.

Sending you my very best wishes
Old 11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm on day 6 and was a closet "alkie" as well, which is making this journey a bit more difficult for me because I don't have tangible people to turn to when I need to talk. But joining this site has been loads and loads of help. Also, day 5 and now day 6 is new for me. Even though you've never seen day 2, I know you can do it because I have! I read you asking for God to hear you and he does. I went to church for the first time in a long time yesterday and I swear the sermon was specifically for me (it was about the cycle of faith). Do whatever you need to do not to drink, nothing else in the world matters if you're dead. So, if you need to come clean and let a few people know what you're going through, do it. You may be surprised at how willing people are to give support.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Please know there is lots of support and information here.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

cheerfulservant

A nice brand new water filter jug is a must have! It really helped me. Will keep you busy filling it up and drinking fresh water. I know it sounds rubbish at the moment, but after a while you will see that I was right. It helps.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You guys and gals and whoever-
I am crying like a baby. I read everyone of these replies to my first post. I am not drinking right now. I just had a really old bad tape run through my head. A politician was asking for my vote. Why? Instead of going off and getting crazy and swearing at the person, I merely asked that they leave me alone because we all know they are all crooks. I don't do politics, but this would usually set off a binge. Right now I am not drinking. Right now I am posting. Right now I am sober. Thank you hp. I surrender. I give up. I can't do it by myself, but I am doing it by myself with you hp, and with all the people who have been so kind to me already. Thank you. I can not quite see at this point. Thank you and may your hp be with you.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did that for 15 years too cheerfulservant.

Coming here seemed to help tho - knowing I wasn't t alone...knowing people understood...

after those 15 years of day ones, I'm nearly 6 years sober now - it can be done

welcome aboard

D
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, and congratulations on making it through Day one. You will find great people on this site. Read lots and keep posting. Looking forward to seeing you back here tomorrow on day 2!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi again Cheeful, how's it going today?
Have a think about joining the '30 days and under' group today and the 'class of November.' They are all full of people that are at the same stage as you.
I am on day 80 today of my recovery and honestly if I can do this, so can you. You are stronger than you realise. xx

Just for today I will appreciate having a job, a bed and food
Old 11-06-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
instant

There is a new way, it does not matter that you have never done it before. It can be done.

I lived in a tormented place for many years not realising that all I had to do was give up and surrender to sobriety with an open heart.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Welcome and know I am sending you positive, peaceful gentle, uplifting, supportive vibes for you to be in the moment and be sober. Just for this minute.

Just for today.

I was a closet alike too. Now I'm a person in the world who doesn't drink booze.

You can do this.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good Morning World!
I made one day. no Binge. I am not drinking right now. Thanks for the water idea. I drank 100 on the nose. water that is! cold, clear, fresh! I didn't get up at night to drink. HP allowed me to be safe. Thanks for that. Thank you for all the support. I need it so much. I have a pretty crazy situation. For the first time in months I am excited to greet the day instead of wishing of would be over. Thank you everyone for loving me enough to read these posts. I have one day in.

Right now I am not drinking. I bid you all peace
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Veritas1 View Post
District 02 A.A.

Good Morning!

Welcome to Area 74 District 02 serving part of Northeast Wisconsin. We hope this site can assist you in finding your way around our district, and with your recovery!
AWESOME Meetings in this district! My job takes me up there quite a bit.

Zube