Notices

This is difficult.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Exclamation Dublinal

Hi cor,
I've just joined up with sr. Like you I need help,I need to stop drinking altogether or it will take the precious things in my life away from me. I don't drink often, but when I do I drink to excess. Because I don't drink often I thought it was fine to do so now and again. But I can't just have a couple, no it was one after the other until I could hardly move. It was always embarrassing to hear how bad I was from friends and family. I do wish I could just have a couple of sociable drinks with friends but I have admitted to myself that I can't.the fact that I suffer so bad for a few days after should make this dreaded thing easy to give up, but I know it won't be. Even though my wife and family drink but not to excess like me, my only way out of this is not to just cut back, but to stop altogether.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Welcome, Dublinal. I hope you will start your own thread and introduce yourself. Glad you found us!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Cor,

I'm glad you decided to post. I'd been in recovery for a few years before I found SR, so I didn't expect this place to change me, either. But, it did and it continues to do so. I know you will find lots of support here. Know for sure that you can do this.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

keep trying and remembering the good feelings that sobriety can bring you, it will stick and i hope we can motivate you to keep trying.

my program is the attitude of gratitude.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Dublinal and welcome to SR.