Notices

Fell off the wagon, Do Over Time!

Old 10-21-2012, 04:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choppersled View Post
I find that staying busy is the key to my recovery.
I want to cry every time I hear someone say this. I makes me feel emotional because I tried that and it doesn't work. But also it's like watching someone about to crash their car but it's too late to say anything. It fills me with blind panic.

It's not enough.

It's interesting, there are a ton of things out there which can help. If you are not interested in putting any effort into your recovery Choppersled then maybe AVRT would be the best place to start, it's very low maintenance. But then I said to someone recently that if I met someone who was an alcoholic now I'd just tell them to go straight to AA, just to listen. I think the more you identify with other people the more likely it is that you will come to realise what your true situation is. Other than that there is SMART, loads of CBT stuff out there... And of course SR

I'm glad you're getting back on track Choppersled, just don't think that a job will cure all. Being sober is and inside job and it makes no difference what your external circumstances are. Like you said, only you can stop yourself from drinking. x