Notices

Moody

Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moody

Just not in good form this morning. had words with hubby and he is now away for the day rather than listen to me. I am away all day tomorrow and he is then away for the rest of week to work in another city.

He is just not able to express himself and say the thing he should be saying right now, since I told him I was not drinking he just more or less said you will do you best. meetings every night since he came home for weekend and has another one tonight ( yes Sunday night) I feel everything and everyone else seems to be more important in his life instead of sitting down and talking.. He is driving me mad right now I feel like staying at my mothers at weekends when he is here. Although I know he loves me he is driving me insane.

My children are so good and kind with there loving words of support and hugs every so often, they are teenagers and so happy to find no alcohol in the house and mother not drinking.. Rant over
I feel today is going to be a long day...
Old 10-14-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's lots of support here Black
Hope your day gets better

D
Old 10-14-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We'll listen to ya Black What's on your mind? Is your husband just taciturn or has he had a hard time dealing with your alcohol issues too. Tbh, I haven't had a massively positive experience talking about this stuff with anyone who wasn't another alcoholic x
Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He would say to be honest I was always telling him to improve him self in his work. lose weight, get more exercise, speak a little clearer etc etc while I was drinking and Iam sure alot more verbal stuff like i am leaving you and all that. .
but in all fairness he just always has a hard time expressing himself and I know his own childhood was not an easy one.

Sometimes I wounder if I am jealous of him (goody two shoes) or just trying to pick an argument with him for the sake of it, ah I don't know what it is. Maybe it will pass maybe we are coming to a natural ending. I
Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The amazing thing about this site is as soon as I have a question, or am feeling something, there is a post about it! I am feeling the same way with my husband. I keep feeling like he is not understanding what I am going though, and I keep expecting he will be able to help me. I keep feeling like everything else is more important to him too right now. I am being super moody right now too, and getting frustrated at him. I told him just now I just feel like being alone for the day, part of the reason is that I don't want to be snapping at him for stupid stuff either. I guess I may be jealous too, it would be nice to be able to be someone who could drink normally and not be going though all this.... Thanks for sharing, got me thinking too. Helps to know someone else out there is going through something similar.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In the beginning days of sobriety my husband drove me crazy. I can tell you that several months later he is very supportive.
At the time I had to put my anger and hard feelings torward him "on a shelf"
I found there really was no way for him to understand what I was going through, that's where other addicts come in.
He also had his own issues to deal with when it came to my admission that I was an alcoholic. Turns out he had a lot of anger and was very hurt.
I spent a lot of time trying to hold my tongue and not say things that I would regret (not always succesfully)
I learned to control my behavior and not expect from him what he did not have.
Hang in there, keep posting
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good advice Karilynn, thank you!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you guys, Blondie I would say alot of us at the start take things out on the ones we love. I just had another go at him on the phone.
Karilynn Thank you for your post, I know you are so right have to learn to hold my tongue but at least if he told me he was angry I might understand and give him a hug ya no. This is my first real attempt to stay away from booze I am sad, excited, nervous, afraid and most of all today feel so lonely.
But i will continue and pray that this will get easier for him and me both, Seeing an addiction counselor on Tueday so let hope.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Black how far along are you in this? I am 2 weeks today.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Blondie,
She's probably gone to bed it is late here in Ireland. 1240am.
I am a night-owl.
But I bet she would say, "Well done on the two weeks!!!!"
Old 10-16-2012, 02:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Blondie I am on day 8 today and Hollyanne you are right I would say congratulations on two weeks.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you and great job on 8 days! I'm still working on holding my tongue!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OH me too Blondie and hubby away now fore days to work in the city he slept in spare room last night.

It is not easy I tell ya.