Blogs


Notices

Finally Going To Treatment!!

Old 10-12-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ellisville, MS
Posts: 24
Finally Going To Treatment!!

Well the good news is in, I am leaving to go to the facility I have been waiting on for close to a month. I have been in jail this whole time and now I am finally going to the Specialized Treatment Facility. Everyone please pray for me to get better this time. I will be leaving this Monday, on the 15th, and I will probably stay for a few months. I feel very confident, by the way this is my 18th day sober! This time I WILL stay clean!!
Extrochris is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Extrochris For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (10-12-2012), MycoolFitz (10-12-2012), PerhapsLove (10-12-2012), quitforme79 (10-12-2012), Sapling (10-12-2012), silly (10-12-2012), tallcactus (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
I'll pray for you....Here's a little advice for you when you get to treatment....Keep your ears and your mind open....Learn all you can...And hang tight to the people that are taking it seriously....Your life just might depend on this...Congrats on 18 days!
Sapling is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapling For This Useful Post:
2granddaughters (10-12-2012), PerhapsLove (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State
 
dSober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,156
Congratulations on day 18 Extrochris!

I was sh*t faced when I arrived my first time in rehab. They put me on lybrium for a few days to ease the withdrawl and prevent seizure.

When I finally came out of my drunken stupor, I was given the nickname "Dougie Fresh" (my first name is Doug) by one of my fellow rehabers. The name stuck the whole time I was there. Loved it. I was only there a month but had a great time. A whole bunch of very nice, helpful people. Drunks, junkies, even a retired cop with a xanax problem. We became pretty good buddies as he was around my age but we were all pretty close during our stay. Regardless of any minor differences; age, gender, race, etc.; we were all the same.
dSober is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 507
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I'll pray for you....Here's a little advice for you when you get to treatment....Keep your ears and your mind open....Learn all you can...And hang tight to the people that are taking it seriously....Your life just might depend on this...Congrats on 18 days!
Great advice. Stick with those who are taking treatment and sobriety seriously. Good luck!
silly is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ellisville, MS
Posts: 24
Rehab is going to be good, I have been to a few others and I enjoyed them, but never took them seriously. I am just glad I will be at a place that has some decent food, this jail food sucks very badly, I am super happy about getting clean and deciding to stay clean.
Extrochris is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Congratulations on day 18 Extrochris!

I was sh*t faced when I arrived my first time in rehab. They put me on lybrium for a few days to ease the withdrawl and prevent seizure.

When I finally came out of my drunken stupor, I was given the nickname "Dougie Fresh" (my first name is Doug) by one of my fellow rehabers. The name stuck the whole time I was there. Loved it. I was only there a month but had a great time. A whole bunch of very nice, helpful people. Drunks, junkies, even a retired cop with a xanax problem. We became pretty good buddies as he was around my age but we were all pretty close during our stay. Regardless of any minor differences; age, gender, race, etc.; we were all the same.
How did that work out for you?
Sapling is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
Originally Posted by Extrochris View Post
Rehab is going to be good, I have been to a few others and I enjoyed them, but never took them seriously. I am just glad I will be at a place that has some decent food, this jail food sucks very badly, I am super happy about getting clean and deciding to stay clean.
I didn't really care about the food...It was fine though. I knew I'd be in an environment where I couldn't drink for 30 days....Kind of like jail I guess. I was more concerned with how was I going to stay sober when I got out....Real world stuff. They introduced me to AA and I listened. I have been to rehab once and I haven't had a drink since....I went in July 1st, 2011. Good luck to you man....I hope it works for you.
Sapling is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapling For This Useful Post:
Delilah1 (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State
 
dSober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,156
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
How did that work out for you?
I've been to in-paient twice, and out-patient twice. Also been to many meetings but haven't been in a while. I'm going Sunday though, as I described in a recent post in the "Planned My Relapse" thread.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got 26 days, today, THAT'S what's important.
dSober is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
Originally Posted by dSober View Post
I've been to in-paient twice, and out-patient twice. Also been to many meetings but haven't been in a while. I'm going Sunday though, as I described in a recent post in the "Planned My Relapse" thread.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got 26 days, today, THAT'S what's important.
Good...Hang on to those days....You've been to lots of meetings...You ever get a sponsor to show you how AA works?
Sapling is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State
 
dSober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,156
Thanks Sapling. Yes, I've had a few sponsors. I expect to see one of them Sunday.

I actually met my first sponsor on the internet. Finally met him face-to-face some time later. Great guy but I believe that internet sponsoring is probably not a good idea. I think a sponsor should be someone you SEE regularly.

For some of us, the more strong headed and stubborn ones I believe, like myself, this takes longer than others. God bless the ones that make it through quickly. But that's not all of us.
dSober is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ellisville, MS
Posts: 24
This will be my 5th in patient rehab I have been to, never been to out patient. I'm worried about getting better, but dang man I am so hungry lol. I am going to take this as serious as I know how to.
Extrochris is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Extrochris For This Useful Post:
Sapling (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State
 
dSober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,156
BTW Sapling, been locked up a few times myself. Longest was only 9 days in county though. Was drunk every time. Thank Goodness the 9 days in county wasn't after a long binge; withdrawl in jail probably woulda sucked big time; it's sucks enough at home.
dSober is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
Originally Posted by dSober View Post
I think a sponsor should be someone you SEE regularly.
I think mine wanted to see my eyes....It would be too easy to BS someone online...You know what I mean?
Sapling is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapling For This Useful Post:
2granddaughters (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State
 
dSober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,156
Accepting a "power greater than myself" has been hard for me. In order to get well, I have to. So do you.
dSober is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dSober For This Useful Post:
2granddaughters (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
Originally Posted by Extrochris View Post
This will be my 5th in patient rehab I have been to, never been to out patient. I'm worried about getting better, but dang man I am so hungry lol. I am going to take this as serious as I know how to.
I'll send some prayers your way....I hope something sticks this time. I'd think you would be kind of tired of going to rehab.
Sapling is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I'll pray for you....Here's a little advice for you when you get to treatment....Keep your ears and your mind open....Learn all you can...And hang tight to the people that are taking it seriously....Your life just might depend on this...Congrats on 18 days!

What he said. This can be the start of your new life.

Treatment was the best thing I ever did for myself.
SDSurfn is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SDSurfn For This Useful Post:
Sapling (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Between Meetings
Posts: 8,997
Originally Posted by dSober View Post
Accepting a "power greater than myself" has been hard for me. In order to get well, I have to. So do you.
I heard somewhere...Someone hung that moon up there and it wasn't you!...Maybe you can just use the group to start out.
Sapling is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State
 
dSober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,156
LOL, onlne BS is what got me in this mess in the first place. I seperated from my wife to move in with a woman I accidently (no sh*t) met online. She left her husband in AZ and moved back here. She turned out to be a MAJOR disaster. I started drinking more often so I could pass out during her relentless nagging sessions. That drinking led to my jail time (verbal abuse is a crime in NJ, as is DWI of course).

Getting back to my remote sponsor, I think it was he that invited me to a meeting down in Delaware. I wanted to meet him so I went down there.

I don't really have anyhing thing against remote sponsoring but it's hard to give someone a real pat on the back, for example, over a wire.
dSober is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Member
 
Delilah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 11,905
Good luck with rehab. I am starting today at day one again. Called the psychiatry department to try to get an appointment. The addiction clinic opens at nine, so I am going to stay on this site until I can call. I also found a meeting at 10:30, in case they can't get me in today. I will keep you in my thoughts as you head to rehab.
Delilah1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Delilah1 For This Useful Post:
Sapling (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada. About as far south as you can get
Posts: 4,768
It all starts somewhere. I had to surrender, quit fighting, commit to AA, do what the oldtimers did.... and keep doing it.

All the best, Chris.

Bob R
2granddaughters is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 PM.