Notices

Man this stuff is not so tough again

Old 05-14-2004, 04:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face A good idea..

I dont think its a bad idea to start a new thread for yourself roy..we are allowed to have more than one you know! *lol*Do what you thinks best..hang in there....Trish..prayers
Old 05-14-2004, 04:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

hiya again

I decided it would be best to start a new one and still stick with this one. There are alot of people that have followed this thing and know the whole story, maybe a little too much I mean with the personal stuff listed in here. Anyone stumbling through this thread will know me in person. Those kinds of problems with two people with the same name at the same time would be a bit strange. But anyway, I am going to start another one but keep checking here as well.
Thanks and Prayers,
Roy
Old 05-14-2004, 04:37 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

K Roy ! Got it! If you want the personal stuff taken off pm chy,ok?
Old 05-14-2004, 04:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Roy,
So glad you're going for sobriety. Hoping everything is going a bit better for your family, I've been thinking about you.

Hugs.............
Old 05-15-2004, 02:17 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Hi everyone

Sick, really bad. I went through the paranoia/panic/withdrawal thing a couple of times this week so I knew that it was time to jump back up on the wagon. I mean if the shaking, dizziness, queasy feeling etc can be reduced with each beer until gone, I know what the deal is there. Last evening I tried to beat the withdrawals to bed and never got to sleep. All the hardcore symptoms are back and really kicking my butt right now but hopefully they will pass soon. I know last time it took about four-seven days before I felt better. I am hoping for an easier time of it this go-around but dont really expect that. Anyway, thanks everyone and thanks for the advice mir, I will do that.
Peace and Prayers,
Roy
Old 05-15-2004, 05:04 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

hi guys

If you notice some things missing from the thread, I asked that they be taken off. (Thanks again, Chy, you are the greatest). I needed to get it off my chest at the time but I am sure why you can understand my request. As for me, late day one and feeling the pain...again. I know it will pass and I know what to expect but in the meantime, well, it sucks. I hope this finds everyone well and thank you all for checking back. I love you all!!
Hugs, Prayers and Thanks,
Roy
Old 05-16-2004, 11:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face Hi Roy !

How ya doin ? Thinkin of you..prayers ^
Old 05-16-2004, 11:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Roy, I am praying right along with Trish aka miraclen. We are all here for you.
Old 05-16-2004, 12:55 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Thank you

Well, middle of day two and still bracking for each wave. It will pass soon and I will feel better again, I look forward to that. Thank you for checking back in and thank you for your prayers. Withdrawal is about my worst problem right now. Strange how that happens, isnt it. Things happen, knock you over the edge so you turn to a drink or in my case, a case. A couple of weeks pass and the original problems have a resolve and here you are stuck with the biggest problem being that you are sick and feeling the pain of the alcohol again. Viscious cycle. As far as the other, doctors and meds can do wonders and although things are not "perfect", they are at least easier to deal with. So here I am again, sucking from the withdrawal and back to a white chip. Man I gotta stop doing that. Thanks for everything and being here. I hope you are well today and I will talk to you again soon.
Hugs and Prayers,
Roy
Old 05-16-2004, 06:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face day 2 !

((roy)) Day two almost done ! Hope you are feelin better ! Prayers my friend..
Old 05-16-2004, 08:16 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Thanks Miracle

Still dont sleep much but ate some today and starting to feel quite a bit better. I know work is going to make for a long day tomorrow but its all downhill from here as far as the initial stuff goes. From here it just gets better, I remember that well. I need to find a group this week so that I do not have to go through this again. I love this site and the people are great but with things like what happened, I need someone around here that I can call to keep me from falling on my face in a tragedy situation. Thanks for being here for me again and all your concern, care and mostly prayers. Those are the one thing that will help us all if we use them. You are really special and I truly thank you again.
Hugs, Love and Prayers,
Roy
Old 05-16-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

hi roy
i'm mack - alcoholic/addict
i was along for some of your recent posts. I totally agree that finding a f2f meeting is important. I stayed extremely close to meetings for many months in my early recovery. I was handed some profound challenges during that time; i doubt i would be clean/sober today if i had not discovered a group of folk who were willing to walk with me thru those experiences. i am not in any way discounting the SR forum- i found this place when i could not find a f2f meeting, and what an uplifitng discovery!! i just know that for me, nothing can completely replace those physical presences - the eye contact, the hugs, the direct dialogue, finding a sponsor, the meetings after the meetings...
big hug from me
you are not alone in any of what you have been thru
mackat
Old 05-17-2004, 04:06 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Hiya Mack

Thank you for your post and I am glad you are doing well. Right now does not bother me so much as I have done the cold turkey detox before. What scares me is the next time somewhere down the road that a major tragedy occurs. I realize my weakness during those times and need to find a group for that exact reason. Not that they can change what happens but the fact that they may help me to keep me from myself at those times and stay sober through whatever it is until it passes. Thank you for posting and check back if you get the chance. I appreciate everyone here and have nothing but respect for you all. I fell but am on the third day without a drink. The problems are not as severe but still there and I am dealing with them without a drink. That is a step in the right direction.
Hugs and Prayers,
Roy

PS Congratulations on your sobriety, that is not an easy thing to gain much less keep
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Rest In Peace

Roy,
Congrats on the 3rd day. My skin crawls are raging right now 12 hrs into day1.Ive never made it through a night.
It was good for me to see you go this(although I am truely sorry that you did).
It took great courage. Im still not sure how people can do this.It's like a super human thing or something----J
Old 05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face ((roy))

Just to let you know i am thinkin of you ! I will check back later! Prayers ^ :rose day 3 !
Old 05-17-2004, 05:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

(((Roy))) Just wanted to send you some hugs & prayers. You are heading in the right direction. We are here for you Roy.

Your Sister In Recovery
Janet aka True Blue
Old 05-17-2004, 08:08 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

heh roy
just checking in
hope you are well
i'm praying for you- send a prayer my way if you get the chance
mackat
Old 05-17-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Day three, again

Hiya Mack, True, Mir and Jay. Thank you all for checking on me. I still cannot sleep and the half hour of nightmares that I had this morning did not count. Yes, that is typical too. The way that I see it I have managed to live through yet another unwelcomed personal ass-kicking..by me. I will remember this one well. Just hang in there Jay, that is what you have to do. You have to ask yourself if this is what it is doing to you at 12 hours this time, what about the next time? Will it be worse? You can do it as a matter of fact I would like you to start a thread and I will get everyone I know on here to support you through this. You will not be able to sleep for the first couple of nights or more anyway and it will get you through until you are a couple of days into it and dont feel quite as bad. We cannot do this alone. I am only tough because of numbers and support. Yes it starts with admitting we have a problem but then moves to making a plan and sticking to it but taking another drink cannot be a part of that plan. Then comes to putting the plan into action, by the time you are done with the plan itself you have already went at least an hour without a drink. If you can go one, then you can go another and so on. It perpetuates until you are sober and then you seek out support to help you stay that way. I was sober from Feb 21 until three weeks ago and now I am enduring the whole process of withdrawal again. Those skin crawls are your body coming back to life and your brain starting to function on its own so instead of looking at them in a bad way, although uncomfortable, embrace them as you are trying to heal. It is a good thing. Your heart racing and the nervousness and all of what we see as bad with detox is your body trying to return to a normal state of operation. You do not have to be strong, you have to be weak enough to say "I cannot beat this thing alone, this disease is bigger than me alone" and get support anywhere you can find it. We are here for you and you can do this!!! I am there with you right now. I have not slept for three nights and doubt I will tonight but that is ok because I am healing. My mind is working overtime so that it can heal itself too. Just ask for help Jay, thats all I did and set the drink down without picking it back up. My half empty beer bottle is still sitting on my desk right next to me right now and the smell sickens me but it reminds that if I do not pick it up, there will never be a next one. Its not tempting, its gross smelling because I am getting my sense of smell back. I refuse to throw it out until I know that I will not pick up another and I do not care how long that takes. You can do this for you!!!! Please do. You have so many that care about you and half of them you never even met before. Reach out, we are here.
My Prayers are with US all!!
Roy
Old 05-17-2004, 09:08 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Hey Jay

Originally Posted by jayzuma
Roy,
Congrats on the 3rd day. My skin crawls are raging right now 12 hrs into day1.Ive never made it through a night.
It was good for me to see you go this(although I am truely sorry that you did).
It took great courage. Im still not sure how people can do this.It's like a super human thing or something----J
The crawls are normal as with all the other horrible things that follow. 72-96 hours is all you have to do. Just do not take a drink and since you will be up for that amount of time anyway if you set it down, count each and every hour. I have been up since Friday at 7am and took my last drink at 5pm. I have not slept since. That too is part of the withdrawal. Look at it as a good thing because your body is learning to live on its own again without alcohol. It is not super human, it is the old power in numbers thing. Alone we are defenseless against such a huge disease, but in numbers we rule. Simply start a thread and call it help and watch how many friends will be there to help you through it. I will be and after 20+ years in the bottle, that is how I did it. I slipped about three weeks ago due to serious family tragedy but picking that thing up only made things worse. I am now being able to deal with it in a sane manner even while enduring withdrawal. 72-96 hours without picking up the bottle or glass, thats it and ask for help. You can do it, you just have to want to. It is not strength, it is being weak enough to admit you cannot beat this alone. There is no lone ranger, that was a tv show. WE beat this thing together, as a team. Picture a football team with one full side and on the other one lone man. It doesnt matter how big or strong he is, he will lose. WE ARE A TEAM, ALL OF US HERE AND IN THE PROGRAMS. You can do this just one more hour, then another, sometimes it minutes but that is all it takes. Let me know how you are doing.
My Prayers Are With You and Our Strength,
Roy
Old 05-18-2004, 04:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face day 4

((roy)) Day 4 ! I am thinking of ya and hope you are feelin alittle better on this your 4th day sober..I am dashin off (showin up for life ) to my mornin meeting..hang in there ! You are doin great ! prayers ^ to you...