Notices

Angry

Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
I wouldn't give up on a whole group for what one person mistated.....You got to remember...Some of us are sicker than others....Some just make it up as they go along. Stick with the winners....Stay in the herd....And all that good stuff.
We all have bad days.

And the real answer is what does your sponsor think about this ?? We here are just a group of 3rd party non-participants who don't even know the folks involved in the issue. Your sponsor can clear this up for you.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 10-05-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My anger is justifiable. my girls were hurt badly and due to small town politics, the person who hurt them is getting away with it. My new goals is to find a way to use this for our life. But right now, I'm angry. I'm angry they were hurt and not believed. I'm angry their voice was dismissed. I'm angry they are so scared. And sorry, no matter what anyone says, THIS is justifiable anger.

and me? Do something stupid? Never. We are already trying to find ways to use this for the positive.

But I'm still angry. And f that is wrong. Ill figure out something else.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Anyone can say anything in a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Read your big book so you will know how the program guides us with regard to anger.

I had someone tell me once that if I learn the program by reading the book, then I will be able to hear opinions, and be able to not feel the need to debate.

Know the program so you can decipher information you hear as opinion vs. program.

The book doesn't say we will never angry, it tells us what to do when we are angry, because we will get angry.

Don't let this turn into an issue. We cease fighting.

My sponsor taught me that we are big deal makers.

What we focus on grows. She would tell me to go ahead and get upset for 10 minutes, but then, we have to keep it moving...forward.

Feel it, and let it go.

Most times, things that mattered so much, didn't matter weeks later.

Problems have the size and power that we give them.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Euphoric Recaller

I'm in AA. I get angry. When I get angry I pray to my Higher Power. I pray that my higher power help me show patience, tolerance, and pity to people who have offended me. I ask my higher power to save me from being angry. I pray that my higher power's will be done. Not mine.