Notices

First day without her

Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well, its day two. I got to talk to her for 10 minutes last night. I think her routine will be to call her parents in the morning and me at night. It is still really weird to not have her sleep next to me even though she works nights and isn't usually there the whole time I usually at least wake up next to her. Rolling over and seeing that you're alone before your brain registers it is hard. I can not even imagine how bad it must be for her to be sleeping in a strange bed and have that happen.

I got the address to the facility and was told that I could write to her. Is there anything in particular that you wish you could have heard from your loved ones while you were in detox/rehab?

Hopefully we will find out what the board of nursing is going to require of her today. Not that I wouldn't do anything for her but our insurance will only cover 30 days of treatment and even then it is going to sting us hard financially. We're hoping that since she checked herself in of her own volition, wasn't diverting drugs, and never went to work drunk that they won't require her to do more than 14-30 days. Obviously we will continue with meetings, psychiatrist visits, and hopefully some good old fashioned Christian counseling but those things are either covered by insurance or free and they all can be done while we both work. Luckily we both have really supportive families that are willing to help out with any bills that we can't cover. Thank God almighty above that we don't have monthly bills outside of rent, water, power, and cable.

I think her cat misses her even more than I do. It yowled for 2 hours last night walking around the apartment and pawing at the places that she normally sits.

As for me, I'm actually fairly well set emotionally and mentally. I have the tools I need to succeed and I am using them. Mostly I just need a place like this where I can put my thoughts in order and maybe vent every once in a while. If my wife didn't want to be very private about all of this I have a number of people I could sound off and vent to but right now it's just this board and my parents.

TLDR... War eagle.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think that you will be there to support her when she gets out...You're mind goes through a wide range of emotions in there....I think one of the things I dwelled on after feeling safe there....Was what was I going to do when I got out. I wish you well and hang in there.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

WarEagle:

The length of the rehab program isn't necessarily a reflection of the "degree" of addiction, for lack of a better phrase. It really is a reflection of the quality of the program itself where more time is needed for comprehensive, multi-modal treatment of the addiction.

If treatment was just a matter of getting a person sober, it would be easy. The goal of a quality rehab program should be staying sober. I.e., to give the addict the tools to stay sober, which includes recognizing some of the behaviors/emotional issues which led to abuse.

The best to you and your wife; you sound like a very loving and caring spouse.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
HtWn $KILL$

Ya man write her with your support. She is in a weird place and it is always good to get mail from the outside knowing people love you. thats all i got
Old 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info. I guess I was looking at it from a bit too much of a results/time perspective.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

She's probably two things right now....Frightened...And exhausted. I know I was.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

From the time perspective...I went in for 30 days and left after 14....I didn't have insurance and went straight into AA when I left....That was free.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Praying for you both! Keep us posted.