Notices

Alcohol is ruining me

Old 09-23-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes theres someone coming to visit me today to talk aobout my mental state and see if the diazpram is working they need to check up on me.two days ago i was wanted to go into the river and not come out again.they said after that they neede to make sure i was ok yesterday they drowve me home. i cant remember things properly im not sure what has happened this morning.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well done for finding yourself here and the good news is! You dont have to drink again and all of this can be put behind you

Good luck and take every bit of help that's offered. It's there for you
Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's good. Things will get better. I wanted to check out myself...I didn't have any hope. Alcohol was causing me all my problems. Do the best you can to not drink...Just for today. And it's important that when they get there ....That you tell them the truth about your drinking....It's the only way they can help you.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thank you for your messages. im not even 30 and feel like i am coming to the end ofo my life.the mental worker came today and said she would bring more diazapram tomorrow and something else to help me sleep as well as more citalopgram. i am going to try and cook something now. i dont feel like drinking at all but very confused and am not sure what has been happening the last few days and weeks but was very drinking heavily. the wiorkers say that they are going to visit daily to make sure i am takeing the medication. i am not sure if it makes me feel better,
Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's probably good you keep taking it....I'm sure they can adjust it as needed. Try not to worry about the last few weeks...It's done. Make yourself something to eat....Have plenty of water...Stay away from caffiene. Hang around here today. I'm watching football. I'll be around. There is always someone here. Just take care of yourself.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hi hillOH, welcome to SR. Good place to be for an alcoholic like myself. Alcohol plus several other chemical substances ruined me as well. I am over 2 years sober because I commitment to stop. For quite a while all I could do was to stare into space, but I finally got busy doing things I had deprived myself of because I was a drunk. It can be done. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Hillo keep checking this forum. It's a lifeline. Take all the help available in your country for people who want to stop drinking. Do everything they tell you to do even if it feels wrong. Don;t trust your instincts at this point. Once recovered, they are ok to trust. I hear the valium (diazepan) is very helpful with physical alcohol withdrawal symptoms. So take it until the symptoms are gone, but be careful after that.

Years ago I was prescribed diazepan to help with jaw pain from teeth grinding and it got me so relaxed and in such a groovy state of mind that I drank me a whole bottle of wine in one sitting. Valium is something I stay away from now. It revives my psychological craving to drink.

Keep checking in here and tell us what your mental aide tells you.

You are not alone. We can help you go through this.

natalie
Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR HillOH

How are you going now?

D
Old 09-24-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

A little better. I'm too sick to drink .eating sleeping. some people came roday to check up on me.cant read very well because words dont add up.feel very
Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey hillOH...Good to see you. Try and keep rested today...Plenty of fluids....I know when I was in detox Gatorade was what they gave us....Blue Gatorade....For the electrolytes I believe....And eat something if you can. I'm glad you are up and about.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 1

I've done some really stupid things, but this past week takes the cake. I'm looking forward to no more finding out what I did during a blackout drunk!