Notices

no excuses

Old 09-11-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

no excuses

hey everyone! i just wanted to share that i'm going to a baseball game tonight and i'm really excited. i live in Milwaukee and as many of you know, it's a hard drinking city. heck, the baseball team is called the Brewers and they play in Miller Park, lol! well, when i was looking at tickets i found that there was a family section where alcohol was prohibited. so, do i sit in a section with adults, possibly children and guaranteed alcohol that i'll be able to see and smell or do i sit in a section with guaranteed kids but guaranteed no alcohol. the choice was easy. i'd rather deal with kids than the smell of alcohol any day. what i'm trying to say here is that there are choices we can make every day to further our sobriety. they may inconvenience us but if it's going to help keep us on the right path, isn't it worth it? there's no excuse to drink. you have the power to make the right decision every day. believe in yourself and believe in the choices you make to keep you on the right path. the longer you make those choices, the more you will come to respect yourself and those decisions. tonight, i'm going to have a great, sober time. if the kids are a little loud, so be it. at least they won't be drunk! and neither will i.

have a safe and sober night y'all and remember, you alone have the power to change your future.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great time at the game DG

D
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy the game and I am so glad they put in no alcohol sections at all sorts of games. Beyond the smell and possible trigger , gee guess what , I don't like drunks....make me wonder why I have been one so long but err I was more the quiet drunk till I exploded.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is an amazing post, thank you! You have made a fantastic decision that shows true command of your addiction. I aspire to have such strength facing this challenge. Have a wonderful time at the game!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Had a great time! My Braves lost but my number 2 team the Brewers won so good times. I'm so glad i choose the alcohol free zone. To be at a sporting event without alcohol was just a blast. I actually got into a conversation with a rather drunk young man on the bus but it didn't bother me. Drinking isn't my lifestyle choice and i'm not judging others. I neither have the right nor desire to judge anyone's drinking habits. The funny thing is that i actually bought Brewers tickets last year and never went to a game because i was always, ALWAYS drunk. Tonight wasn't just a baseball game. Tonight was me doing what i couldn't do before. Because of my HP, SR and all my other tools but most of all because of me. I'm so grateful. I'm so happy i could cry. Thank you all.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on a good decision and a fun game. I've been to many games to see my Cardinals in "Busch Stadium". It's like these baseball teams are built around beer!
I've enjoyed the games sober as well. You can actually sign up for a free soda or two if you are the designated driver. Heck, that's worth about $12 in an MLB stadium!

Glad you had fun. Counting on Brewers and Atlanta to help my team out again this year though.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Miller Park is definitely on my list of parks I want to visit, gorgeous!!! Hope you had a lot of fun.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

When my husband was driving us home i actually broke down, put my head in my hand and just started crying. Bawling for me. This experience overwhelmed me in a wonderful way. To all you people in earlier sobriety keep moving forward. It means so much. So very, very much. My sobriety is my heart and soul now. It's the rhythm of my life that keeps me going. It's the pep in my step and my pride. I hope everyone finds that joy. When the chips are down, keep that sobriety. It's one of the few things the world can't take from you.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

So glad you made it through and had a great time!! I'm finding I like going to events even more so without the hassle of booze. I was always having to run to the bathroom, or try to guzzle as much down without my husband seeing me. Such a pain.