Notices

Trying again

Old 08-29-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great news! Stay strong - we are here for you.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 5. All is still going well. By the end of the day yesterday I was exhausted, and was able to sleep well. (with the help of a little melatonin) I am still feeling positive, and really looking forward to my energy picking up so I can start adding some exercise or anything that may keep my mind and body occupied. I am a little worried about tonight. It is payday, and usually payday means hubby and I get smashed and listen to loud music. I also have a lot to worry about over the next couple weeks. My husband just changed jobs, which is a great thing, or will be when we adjust to the new pay periods, but until then things will be tight. Also, I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow with my sister, and flying back next Wednesday. At 32 years old, I have never been on a plane before, and everytime I think about it I go into a complete panic. When i first planned this trip a month ago, I figured I would just sit at the bar and get good and buzzed before I boarded the flight. That is obviously no longer an option for me. So the next 2 weeks or so may be a bit trying for me, but i want more than anything to get through them without failing. There is just no room in my life for alcohol anymore. After this last time quitting, I realize that the withdrawals actually get worse every time I quit, and this last time was hard enough. My hands still shake a bit, and I am still having horrible, debilitating cramping in my ribcage and back area. I have no desire to see what the next time I "quit" brings.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Welcome R4C! I am also a SAHM to 3. Mine are 6, 3 and 1. I have been sober for 2 years and it's night and day.

Have a great time in Colorado. I just got back from a trip to see my sister. It used to be a huge bender for me. Starting when I got on the train. Ending when I stumbled off the train days later. This (sober) time was so nice!! Pedicures, 2 movies, leisurely walks, dinners I remember, refreshing sleep. And best of all when I got back I was clear headed and able to drive so I took my kids for italian ice to give my hubby a break after his solo parenting days with them.

Sober vacationing is streets ahead of drunk vacationing! Have a great time.