Notices

day 2

Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2

Somehow slept a little last night, even w a racing mind. Woke up drenched in sweat but I know this the start of the healing process for my body & I'm welcoming the uncomfortable changes. Amazing how quickly we begin to mend. My thoughts of my bad behavior over the weekend still stick with me. Unfortunately, these regrets I have will never go away but I'm trying desperately to focus on just getting through today sober & with the attitude that I can't change what's happened, only move forward w a new lifestyle & outlook. Feels great to be able to reach out here...thanks for listening. Off to work for a productive not hungover day, have a great day everyone!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Indeed, today is a new day. And you are in the process of healing. Take care of yourself, and reach out for medical help if you feel you need it. No shame in that. It will only help you help yourself.

Enjoy your sober day. And congrats again on moving forward.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can see that your outlook has already improved, quitforme. I'm glad. Honestly, I never thought my regrets would ever go away, either. I thought I'd spend the rest of my days feeling contempt at myself for the things I'd done... and OK, maybe the regret hasn't gone away completely... but instead of spending MOST of my time thinking about my past, I know rarely ever catch myself thinking about it... stay strong and sober - with time your mind will heal, just as your body will. All the best to you. Enjoy your day.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys & I'm really glad to hear that you rarely think of your regrets Mrsking, gives me hope for the future, and for now. Was really hard at times yesterday to hold on & stay sober. But I know I can have the life I want if I stay committed to this. I prayed my way to sleep last night & it comforted me. I feel thankful & blessed today.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep hold of that hope, quitforme, and whenever you're finding it tough to stay sober, remember what you just said - you can have the life you want if you stay committed. It really is as simple as that... stay strong.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you seen a doctor for withdrawals Quitforme? Hope you have a good day x
Old 08-06-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have in the past...she gave me a benzo to help last time & I still have some left so will use them if I really need to. But thanks I've been drinking a lot of water & am a little tired from lack of sleep but otherwise feel well...hopefully will continue to feel better.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on making it to a second day! Do not be too hard on yourself. You are worth the effort to be sober. You are worthy of living a better life. You can emerge from the recovery process a stronger and more whole person than you were when you started.

Hang in there! And keep in touch.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks blueshades