Notices

Quick passage on life so far, I'm only new here.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Quick passage on life so far, I'm only new here.

I've abused drugs since I was about 15, starting off smoking, then drinking, smoking cannabis, taking ecstasy then finally moving onto the killer one for me cocaine.

I'm nearly 30 years old, and have had a really bad anxiety and depression disorder for over 10 years, also having an addiction to valium.

Well I'm 6 weeks clean of cocaine which is huge for me, but what's wrecking my head is I'm still feeling very anxious worse than I ever had, I can't even enjoy a pint or two of beer without feeling awful. How long is this gonna last it's very debilitating.

I'm never going back on the coke, because it will be the end of me, but I would still like to have a few pints, even with drinking I dropped the amount I drink enormously.

I'm feeling quite worked up all the time, and I've tried all sorts of meds to help but the haven't been agreeing with me. Plus the doctor want's me off valium which is leaving me in a bad way.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome WF
I'm not sure anyone can answer that definitively for you here.

You don;t mention if you think you have a drinking problem or not...a lot of us have found we reach a point where any amount of alcohol makes us anxious.

I guess time will tell in your case what the factors are - cocaine, alcohol, other drugs, or maybe some kind of underlying anxiety disorder.

I certainly don't think it would hurt to lay off everything for a while - do you think that's achievable?

D
Old 08-02-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do believe that cocaine was the number one factor for all my anxietys. I could go on 3 and 4 day binges drinking and using coke.

I don't think I have a problem with alcohol itself, like I wouldn't be waking up in the morning dying for a drink, it's more of a social thing, just to go out and watch the football. I am considering on knocking it on the head to as I use it as a crutch sometimes, if I have to go to a party or social event I'd usually have a few beers to settle down my anxiety, but even that hasn't been working lately.

I've just never felt this bad and it's really debiltating as I was expecting to start improving after giving up the coke.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR WF-you'll find great support here
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, you will find lots of support here from people who understand and don't judge.
I don't have experience of cocaine, I just drank too hard and for too long. I had lots of anxiety when drinking which lead to depression for me. I would frequently have panic attacks and everything became so difficult to do.
For me, giving up the drink had an immediate benefit. I no longer have panic attacks, and my anxiety is well within a normal range. It goes up and down, mainly dependant on what I've got to face each day.
I feel so much better. If you only drink socially, why not try stopping and see if it helps? X