Notices

Drinker afraid to get a physical

Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

I would just face the fear and go, I know for me if I am fearing something I need to do and avoid it, the fear builds up and causes me to be in danger of relapse. I know it sounds lame that I would drink to crush the fear of going to the doctor, because of health issues related to drinking, but it is what it is.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I finally grew a pair

So I finally went to the doctor and my lab results were fine, everything checked out a ok.

On another note I haven't had a drink since Xmas day.... I think that makes it 27 days. I haven't gone this long without a drink in over 7 years.

I don't think I had any withdrawal symptoms other than anxiety over my end stage liver disease which I convinced myself I had(damn google)

The changes I've noticed most are my eyes are brighter and whiter, my sleep after 2 weeks sober has been great, 6 to 7 hours of non interrupted sleep.
And lastly, I actually hear stuff in the morning( birds, the train, my daughter talking to me, etc)

Thanks to everyone, I've been reading a lot here and you have no idea how helpful you've been to me these past few months