Notices

Did day one again yesterday!

Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did day one again yesterday!

Yesterday was my day one again! It worked, i did it. WItching our started about 5:30 P.M. and lasted till about 9:30 P.M. Boy was I thinking about going to the store for a nice cold one!! I kept thinking, what happens if I wake up wanting one and there is none in the house and all stores are closed? What happens if I start to get the jitters?? But none of that happened, went to bed, woke up a couple of times (normal for me). Feels good. Only problem is I have so much energy today, I feel like jumping up and down all day!! WTF! LOL!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on one day! It's really hard to get through the first day. I am 9 days in and starting to feel a lot better. Stick with it! Some of the best advice I've gotten on this site is to find a new activity to replace drinking.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Find a positive way to use all that energy. For me that crazy energy often made me think of drinking, because alcohol seemed to always chill me out and I'm still working on ways to get that same 'relaxed' feeling when I can't seem to sit still. Congratulations on day one. How do you plan on staying sober this time? All the best.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CMC133
I hope it gets easier. I hope today is easier!! 9 days, I hope I can do it!! Thats what I was thinking last night, got to find something to keep occupied, too hot to go outside. So I sat and watched TV till bed time. I never watch tv either. lol. How's ur energy level? I feel like there is no stopping me today.. LOL!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 1! The first day is always the hardest, so this is a real accomplishment for you! Are you planning on working any of the available recovery programs?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My energy level is pretty good now, but I had a different experience from you - I felt lethargic the first several days.

I think getting out of the house might be a good idea? It's helped me, because I did most of my drinking at home alone.

I'm certainly no expert at this point, but I've started attending yoga classes, taking walks, saying yes instead of no when people want to spend time with me. Doing things I normally would shy away from in favor of drinking. Small steps, but I'm feeling a lot better. Stick with it!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Right now Im just winging it. Dont really have a plan, BUT know I dont want to drink anymore. So just not going to do it.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hunter,

I'm glad that you're feeling good.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

So glad you are feeling good!!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I feel like crap... drank again to get rid of the crumby feeling and now it just won't go away. I am sweating and shaky. Nothing helps but I don't want to keep this cycle up.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

And here's to another day sober today!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

"A daily reprieve" BB.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go Hunter!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hunter i can relate....day 1 its a start and just like putting money in the bank....if you do it every day it all adds up...
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Jitters come and go, won't kill you, and are really a sign that your body is slowly getting used to zero alcohol. Sweating, difficulty sleeping, brain fog are other signs of getting healthy again. Uncontrolled drinking, on the other hand, will kill you.

What happens if you get the jitters, what happens if you want a drink and don't choose to get one? Nothing bad happens, Hunter, nothing bad happens at all. You don't act on every urge you get, do you? Make the urge to drink one of those things you don't act on anymore. It passes, and you remain - sober, strong and serene.

I need to remind you and Rugby8 that detoxing can be dangerous, and a visit to a Doctor is never a bad idea. Stay safe.