Notices

A strange feeling...

Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

MrsKing, FANTASTIC.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone! It's so wonderful to be able to post here and have people understand why it means so much! I told my husband how pleased I was about it and he was obviously pleased I didn't want the wine but he didn't really grasp the significance! I feel like this is such a step in the right direction and I'm glad you all do, too!

So inspiring to read this. I am looking forward to being in this place in a few months.
Keep going, Dinah! It will come

Fantastic Mrs. King. So freeing not to have those cravings.
Caihong, FREEING is definitely what it is. I can't quite believe it!

Fantastic!!!! im so proud of you!.. makes you realize that YOU are stronger than IT
Indeed, Gigi - it's the most wonderful feeling. I'm proud of myself!

I know!! Doesn't it feel great? I barely think of it now - never thought that day would ever come.
I didn't think the day would ever come either, Hevyn! It's amazing! I'm so pleased.

Now that's freedom—really great to hear. Thank you.
Freedom exactly, readyandable.

I love reading your posts!! This is awesome!!
Thanks so much aeo, that means a lot to me

Thanks again guys. I really feel like I'm moving in the right direction. All the best to everyone x
Old 07-17-2012, 04:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I'm preparing to move and I came across three bottles of my fave boozes the other day. One is a 225 dollar bottle of one of the world's finest of that particular variety.

I had no interest in drinking them, and then wondered what to do with them, another one of them is a 70 dollar bottle...so I thought I should give them to someone who can "use" them...then thought, "huh...maybe I should just dump them." Why take the chance that I may be contributing to another person's hidden misery?

Handling them wasn't much different from sorting through clothes to pass on to Good Will. Actually it was LESS "emotional", because ya know, you can get attached to clothes.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow, Threshold... that's amazing! It feels so good, doesn't it, to feel detached from things that at some point were destroying us? It is just amazing. I didn't think it was possible to actually not care - I thought that at some point it wouldn't mean much to me, and that I would be able to not fret about it... but I didn't think there would come a point where I just wasn't bothered by it, at all.

I'm still working on the clothes... I can't bare to get rid of clothes, which is ridiculous! I wait until they are totally unwearable and even then I find it difficult to discard of them. There are things in my wardrobe that I haven't worn for YEARS. It would probably feel very refreshing to clean through it... perhaps I'll do that later!