Notices

Who made it through July 4th?

Old 07-07-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad to hear about the victories on here and I can totally relate to the hardships too. I made it pretty easily through the actual 4th, it helped that people weren't drinking too heavily where we were. But I've been having strong thoughts of drinking now, after. It doesn't help that both my husband AND my sponsor are out of town right now. Going to a meeting this morning, checking in here, keeping myself busy. And feeling really, REALLY grateful for every single one of you here on SR.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You have too much success foodie! You can have your success without the fear of it being taken away. Good on you! Do what it takes, stay with us.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks Itchy! Just got back from the meeting, as always it was just what I needed to hear. Thank God for this program and for SR!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Most folks recover on their own without ever identifying themselves as part of any statistical sample. The numbers that you post are out to lunch.

I made it through and I will make it through two years and I won't be special in any way for having done so.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

I was sober on the 4th of July.... and the third, and fifth and sixth just as well..... sober living is no longer an "event" for me.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I made it through the 4th no problem and never even thought about drinking at all. It was day 5 or 6 for me.

Unfortunately I went to walmart 3 times on the 5th to buy random stuff for my RV and the last time for some reason I bought a 10 pack and ended up getting trashed on 7 beers.

So now I'm on day 2 again.