Notices

Day 1, I can do this right??

Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Hello startingova! You can certainly do this!! This is a lovely support group!!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by startingova View Post
Sapling, I'm afraid to talk to my doctor. I don't want anyone to know. I feel like if it comes out then it will come back to haunt me.
Firstly, welcome to SR. :ghug3 You're in the right place for support and help from a bunch of really nice folks.
I'm not a big fan of doctors. Most of them don't know much, and they do as little as they can. And yes, I'm annoyed that it's in my medical notes. Especially as it didn't appear till after I'd quit.

I too found this place by accident. Or maybe the intervention of my higher power. Who knows?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Contestant

We are in the same boat, Startingova. Good choice making that decision to stop! (Easy for me to say, Mr Day 2 myself...)

My plan to get me through today is to take as many walks as I need, when that stupid jerk in my head whispers, "Go on. Just a little." That guy is a moron.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sapling, I'm afraid to talk to my doctor. I don't want anyone to know. I feel like if it comes out then it will come back to haunt me.
I just like to see people be safe....If you feel like you're getting squirrelly and not right...You can always reconsider. Just take care of yourself.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
We are in the same boat, Startingova. Good choice making that decision to stop! (Easy for me to say, Mr Day 2 myself...)

My plan to get me through today is to take as many walks as I need, when that stupid jerk in my head whispers, "Go on. Just a little." That guy is a moron.
Yep. Helps when you have a treadmill too. Or a punching bag with the face of the moron on it
Old 06-29-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The prayers I find most answered are the ones I whisper while walking to my AA meeting.

Please Google and read AA's "How It Works" and "The Doctors Opinion".

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too kylfra
good to have you here as well

D
Old 06-29-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post

Grayscale we can do this!!

AA has been mentioned and in all honesty I would love support from people who get it. I'm just not ready for people to know especially my husband or kids. I live in an area where everyone knows everyone. I own a small business and just feel too exposed. More importantly my husband has.....anger issues and I need to be strong for the kids. They can't seem me as weak. They already have one messed up parent.

Day 2 and I'm ok except I went for a walk came back in and poured myself a glass of wine. I never even thought about doing it. It's just so much a habbit that I poured it before I realized what I was doing. On a positive note I poured it out.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Pour it all out.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Glad you are here!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Pour it all out.
I wish I could but my husband will see that its gone and he'll buy more. I have to be able to control this with out bringing attention to it.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

OK, so off the track but need to stay busy. I see some pretty cute animal pictures here. I have three children, a girl, a boy and a Bishion. The bishion is my favorite but don't tell the other kids ( yes, stolen from a tv commerical). It's amazing how the love of an animal can help isn't it. Unconditional love!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Forgot about that....God bless you!
Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Forgot about that....God bless you!
Ah, and I am so grateful for him. Get's me through the toughest things. I just have to remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! One day I will be strong enough, brave enough to leave the guy. Until my kids are grown here I stay.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just take care of yourself...And be good in class.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

No Secrets Anymore

It has really helped me to post daily, hold me accountable. If I slip up, I am commited to be honest about it and post it in my daily blog. So, that is very helpful, no secrets anymore.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
It has really helped me to post daily, hold me accountable. If I slip up, I am commited to be honest about it and post it in my daily blog. So, that is very helpful, no secrets anymore.
OK, computer dummy, what's a blog? Is that a personal diary?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

OK, computer dummy, what's a blog? Is that a personal diary?
Yes a blog is an online personal diary. Here are the SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - Blogs

Well done on day 2 BTW. Having a personal recovery plan like your doing here at SR (posting and replying) has gotten a few members here sober with time. Keep up the effort and you will receive the rewards - an alcohol free life.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations for catching yourself and pouring the wine out!! I can relate to the automatic tendencies - I felt like a robot at the end of my drinking....

Things may seem strange for a few days and your emotions can be all over the place but then it will start getting better and better!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Day 3 is here. Had a night of sweating and didn't get much sleep. Maybe it's my bodys way of getting rid of toxins??

I will start a blog tonight. Crazy but I feel so exposed telling my story but I know I can't do this alone. I've tried and failed too many times