Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hi all and apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this post...

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Where do i start ?... i'm drinking everyday, have done since my marriage broke down.. drinking now...and not feeling good about myself.. I know i need to stop and sometimes I can go a day without drinking..then i tell myself that must mean i havent got a problem..but i know.. i know i;m trying to decieve myself.. I drink alone to help me sleep... at first it made me feel good.. now all i feel is guilty when i wake up..but that guilt doesn't make me stop..

Anyway.. thats me !! thanks for letting me join the group
Old 06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome misguided! That was me, too, when I joined SR. Drinking every day, and usually starting in the morning. I never dreamed I could break free of that habit, but I did with the help and encouragement of my friends here. I know you can do the same.

I was so relieved when I no longer had to suffer alone - everyone understood me & knew what I was going through. We care about you - and want to help. Keep reading & posting.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi misguided,glad you found us welcome to the family.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA member

Welcome to SR misguided.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Hevyn, I appreciate the warm welcome

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Welcome misguided! That was me, too, when I joined SR. Drinking every day, and usually starting in the morning. I never dreamed I could break free of that habit, but I did with the help and encouragement of my friends here. I know you can do the same.

I was so relieved when I no longer had to suffer alone - everyone understood me & knew what I was going through. We care about you - and want to help. Keep reading & posting.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zee

Hi there Misguided and welcome to SR
You have come to the right place at the right time!
Keep reading and posting. I joined when I was already six months sober... but without SR I would probably have relapsed by now. This place is a blessing for us 'drinkus problemorous' (thats our latin name! actually I just made it up!) seriously though, its a great forum, you'll get loads of support here x
Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Zee.. I appreciate you taking the time (as others have done) to respond to my post...
Old 06-23-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and Welcome Misguided,

It is great that you have recognized your drinking as a problem. It took many many years before I realized that drinking was one of the root causes of most of my problems.

I keep sober with the support of this forum and AA. I needed a structure, program to make it kind of formal for me.
This is a fantastic forum, I am over a year sober and have been reading and posting throughout, invaluable.
All strength to you on this incredible and rewarding journey.

love
CaiHong