SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hi all and apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this post... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/260497-hi-all-apologies-advance-if-wrong-place-post.html)

Misguidedsoul 06-23-2012 04:10 PM

Hi all and apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this post...

Hi

Where do i start ?... i'm drinking everyday, have done since my marriage broke down.. drinking now...and not feeling good about myself.. I know i need to stop and sometimes I can go a day without drinking..then i tell myself that must mean i havent got a problem..but i know.. i know i;m trying to decieve myself.. I drink alone to help me sleep... at first it made me feel good.. now all i feel is guilty when i wake up..but that guilt doesn't make me stop..

Anyway.. thats me !! thanks for letting me join the group :)

Hevyn 06-23-2012 04:15 PM

Welcome misguided! That was me, too, when I joined SR. Drinking every day, and usually starting in the morning. I never dreamed I could break free of that habit, but I did with the help and encouragement of my friends here. I know you can do the same.

I was so relieved when I no longer had to suffer alone - everyone understood me & knew what I was going through. We care about you - and want to help. Keep reading & posting.

aussieblue 06-23-2012 04:26 PM

Hi misguided,glad you found us welcome to the family.

heath480 06-23-2012 04:33 PM

Welcome to SR misguided.

Misguidedsoul 06-23-2012 04:39 PM

Thank you Hevyn, I appreciate the warm welcome :)

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 3457887)
Welcome misguided! That was me, too, when I joined SR. Drinking every day, and usually starting in the morning. I never dreamed I could break free of that habit, but I did with the help and encouragement of my friends here. I know you can do the same.

I was so relieved when I no longer had to suffer alone - everyone understood me & knew what I was going through. We care about you - and want to help. Keep reading & posting.

Zee 06-23-2012 04:40 PM

Hi there Misguided and welcome to SR :)
You have come to the right place at the right time!
Keep reading and posting. I joined when I was already six months sober... but without SR I would probably have relapsed by now. This place is a blessing for us 'drinkus problemorous' (thats our latin name! actually I just made it up!) seriously though, its a great forum, you'll get loads of support here x

Misguidedsoul 06-23-2012 04:51 PM

Thanks Zee.. I appreciate you taking the time (as others have done) to respond to my post... :)

CaiHong 06-23-2012 05:02 PM

Hi and Welcome Misguided,

It is great that you have recognized your drinking as a problem. It took many many years before I realized that drinking was one of the root causes of most of my problems.

I keep sober with the support of this forum and AA. I needed a structure, program to make it kind of formal for me.
This is a fantastic forum, I am over a year sober and have been reading and posting throughout, invaluable.
All strength to you on this incredible and rewarding journey.

love
CaiHong