Notices

17 days in and so moody

Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

17 days in and so moody

So, here i am on day 17 and I am a ticking time bomb. I was angry when I was drinking, and would flip out constantly, get in fights with my husband when we were drinking, etc. Now I feel like I am still so angry. Maybe it wasn't the alcohol, but I really thought it was. Not that i am going to go back to drinking if I discover I am really just an angry, negative person. I do feel a whole lot better, as I was starting to develop physical symptoms from all the drinking over the years. My stomach pains are pretty much gone. I've just had pretty bad mood swings lately and I get really angry when my husband drinks. We were drinking buddies..
Old 06-21-2012, 12:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is the same for me, I understand but honestly this will pass, the angry moodiness is part of the recovery i think..........it certainly was for me, I had the snappy sarcastic and bitter moments too, it gets easier.
My moodiness was after about 9 days of quitting and I am now 3 weeks and it has passed now.

Maybe your Husband drinking in front of you is annoying you, take yourself away from him whilst he drinks, read a book, walk the dog anything really so you do not have to see it.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was also moody for about a month and a half, it will pass, hang in there!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Take the alcohol away from the alcoholic and you're left with the "ick." if alcohol were my problem the solution would be very simple, just stop drinking. but for me my problem is much bigger than that, the bottles were but a symptom. my experience is that the underlying condition usually doesn't just resolve itself, when we put down the drink there is work to be done.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can relate to that. I've been moody and irritable since day 16. [It's day 18 now.] I was actually pretty relaxed and happy when drunk, and I've always been a little stressed when sober, but the last few days I've been worse. It won't last. At least, that's what I hear, and what I have to believe.
Glad to hear it's not going to send you back to the bottle. When your mood improves, you'll be glad you didn't give in. Plus, of course, giving in means repeating these early days again. I don't think I can face that. And I wouldn't like to think of you having to either. :ghug3
Old 06-21-2012, 03:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went through that too. Like everything else it passes. Go to the Dr if you think it might be hormonal. Make sure you tell the Dr how long youve been without alcohol and what your consumption was like before. Trust me...when he explains whats going on it will be reason 1,000,000 to never drink again!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm 54 days in and I still have my moody days. It's definitely our minds and bodies adjusting to emotions and not having the quick numbing fix of booze. I can definitely say I feel a lot more in control and peaceful now than I did a month ago, so hopefully you're moods will improve. And do see the doc!